Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-23 Brewers (Gallardo) at Nationals (Wang), 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whew. Just get it back home with a reasonable chance, boys.

Win tomorrow and they've picked up a half game while playing the nats, compared to the cardinals getting the cubs. That's a success. Would have been nice if the Cubs held on yesterday to help out a little bit more...but they stole friday's game and you really can't expect them to win that series.

The Cardinals play the Astros tomorrow. Thursday is the day where we can pick up the half-game.

ah, my bad. i guess i just assumed that it was an off day for most teams except for those in wraparound series like the brewers.

so you're saying its the day where we can pick up a full game? Come on, Fernando Abad!

What a strange game today. I was there (again) and it was definitely an odd one. First, the pacing seemed really slow. Both SP pacing seemed slow and it was making everyone restless. Second, maybe it didn't play out this way on TV but honestly it felt like the Brewers could've/should've been further ahead than 2-0 after the 4th. It just seemed like they left some chances out there. Again, could've just been my perception of being there.

I am so thrilled they have won 2 of 3 in this series. Thrilled. The Nats are (arguably) one of the best teams in MLB and as strange as this might sound I think the Brewers are a better team for playing this series against them (a team of that quality) down the stretch. The Nats aren't just rolling over. The Braves are only 4.5 behind them.

What a strange game today. I was there (again) and it was definitely an odd one. First, the pacing seemed really slow. Both SP pacing seemed slow and it was making everyone restless. Second, maybe it didn't play out this way on TV but honestly it felt like the Brewers could've/should've been further ahead than 2-0 after the 4th. It just seemed like they left some chances out there. Again, could've just been my perception of being there.

That exactly how it felt, at least to me, watching from 1000 miles away.

Archived