Brewer Fanatic

Cabrera ineligible for batting title

markedman5

Votto will probably end up with ~475 PA's this season. If he get's hot, and his PA average goes up to 5ish a game the next 12 games... (putting him at 485 instead of 473 PA's) he might squeak out a crazy batting title win, even with a 0-17 added onto his line.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

He would have won it if they had played 162 anyways for the same reason Braun won the slugging title his rookie year when he was a few PA short. They would just give Cabrera enough hitless at bats to be eligible. Now he isn't going to get it no matter what.

He would have won it if they had played 162 anyways for the same reason Braun won the slugging title his rookie year when he was a few PA short. They would just give Cabrera enough hitless at bats to be eligible. Now he isn't going to get it no matter what.

Exactly.

I respect Cabrera for making this decision for the record. To have the title "Batting Champ," that's something that you carry with you for the rest of your life. To step up and give it back...again, something that has gained back a bit of my respect.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived