Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-16 Mets (Young) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-0; Braun hits HRs 200, 201; Peralta 8 IP]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After David Wright took a called strike three in the 9th inning, Uecker had one of the funniest quips I've heard from him (not 100% sure I have this verbatim):

[The pitch] *was* a little high... but aren't we all?

--Block laughing in background--

I don't do this job for nothin'

Nearly had me in tears in the car.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

They win again, a 5-1 homestand.

Next is the most important Brewers/Pirates series ever.

Other than the one in 2008, when Fielder and Braun walked them off....

I went to all 3 games in Colorado. They were done. I am still in shock by this. Amazing.

GO CREW!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I have both ESPN and MLB Gamecasts of the STL/LAD games on. Apparently the strike zone is horrific.

And according to the STL tv guys, there is only one camera feed working. Hilarious.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Philly Loses!! Even if the Brewers don't make it, the excitement of the chase is what makes baseball so fun.

I would say that making the race so fun THIS year in particular is the fact that Peralta, Rogers, Henderson, Segura are all a HUGE part of this, Kintzler as well to a smaller degree.

Making up what, 12 games or whatever in the WC race in a month is awesome, and while some claim that it's a miracle, it seems as though every year some team comes together, and with Weeks, Aram, Axford, K-Rod and all the rest who struggled early, it's just amazing how a team can come together and completely turn things around.

Anyway, watching Peralta dominate for 8 innings out there tonight is what makes this last month so exciting..to me. Watching the future and actually developing pitchers from within who look like they could be legit front line pitchers. And with what I think the Brewers will be able to spend in a few years, I think they can add to that. Maybe not Greinke. Maybe just Edwin Jackson this year instead of Marcum. Maybe these young guys will finally make up for all the lost prospects of the past in Jones, Gold, Neugebauer, etc..etc..etc...

It's amazing what a month+ can do to change your mind on what the future of a franchise looks like. But with MLB signing new massive TV deals, the luxury tax kicking in the same year, the Brewers own TV deal next year, gone are the days where one team spends 200 million and another 30. I'll throw that into the encouraging news from the last couple weeks...the ESPN TV deal and the impending bidding over playoff TV with Fox and TBS and presumably CBA, ABC and NBC figuring into the mix.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived