Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-12 Braves (Maholm) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-2]

pretendastronaut
Community Moderator
The Cardinals play 4 games in LA this weekend. What's the best scenario? Dodgers take 3 of 4 or sweep?

2-2 split

Could argue either way for Cards or Dodgers depending on which team you think will win more games down the stretch.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on the phone with a friend I hadn't talked to in at least a month during that big inning. It was really hard to pay attention to the conversation. He's a Milwaukeean, but not a sports fan, which made it even worse.

Speaking of good baseball, the crowd in Baltimore is really into the game. Those fans are hungry like we were in 2008.

That might be, but from what I've heard, BAL isn't getting very good attendance, and aren't even close to selling out.

Community Moderator

That might be, but from what I've heard, BAL isn't getting very good attendance, and aren't even close to selling out.

They had over 170,000 for that 4-game Yankees series. So they are doing fine.

Only 23,000 last night, but that is probably almost double what they would have gotten if they hadn't been in the race. It's hard to get people in on weeknights and when you have been losing as long as they have, many fans probably switched allegiances.

The Cardinals play 4 games in LA this weekend. What's the best scenario? Dodgers take 3 of 4 or sweep?

2-2 split

Could argue either way for Cards or Dodgers depending on which team you think will win more games down the stretch.

Rooting for the Dodgers to sweep. They have the hardest schedule in the NL the rest of the way and the Cards have one of the easiest. Plus, always root against the Cardinals, right?

Rock solid start by Yo, and some good run support. This would give him 15 wins on the season.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

2-2 split

Rooting for the Dodgers to sweep. They have the hardest schedule in the NL the rest of the way and the Cards have one of the easiest. Plus, always root against the Cardinals, right?

Excellent point.

Playoffs or no playoffs, my faith as a fan has been restored.

This is nothing but fun again lately!

That's how I feel. I'm proud of the way they're finishing the season, playoffs or not. I'm not a big RR fan, but he's winning me over with this late season surge as well.

FYI: According to Joe Block: The Timber Rattlers are tied 2-2 in the 10th in their 1st game of the Midwest League Championship.

T-Rats win on a wild pitch!!!

Man, I wish that game tomorrow was not a noon start...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

From the Braves broadcast:

The only players in MLB history with 2,500 hits, 1,500 walks, 1,500 runs, 500 doubles, 450 homers, 1,500 RBI, .300 BA, .400 OBP, and .500 SLG are Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, and with his walk tonight...Chipper Jones.

FYI: According to Joe Block: The Timber Rattlers are tied 2-2 in the 10th in their 1st game of the Midwest League Championship.

Mark my words. 5 years from now (give or take) Erickson will be the Brewers Manager, and Counsell will be GM.

Mark my words. 5 years from now (give or take) Erickson will be the Brewers Manager, and Counsell will be GM.

The sooner the better... (Erickson)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

From the Braves broadcast:

The only players in MLB history with 2,500 hits, 1,500 walks, 1,500 runs, 500 doubles, 450 homers, 1,500 RBI, .300 BA, .400 OBP, and .500 SLG are Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, and with his walk tonight...Chipper Jones.

Wow!....that's all I can say.

Dodgers to lose tonight is the key. Then I say the Dodgers winning 3 of 4. That would give us a chance to catch St. Louis and leave us with only one team between us and the wild card.

Archived