Brewer Fanatic

2012 postseason ticket invoices in mail; payment due September 24 (see post 14)

PrinceEatMeat
Also, seems like the Wild Card play off tickets are bit "far-fetched". The top Wild Card seed has home field advantage...correct? If there were just one wild card this year, I don't think the Brewers would be sending out playoff tickets.

Edit: I posted this before I was Outlander's post. I take it the Wild Card strip is for the one game wild card "playoff". As I stated here, this seems unnecessary for Milwaukee fans, which is probably why you are asking what that is.

Thanks, I didn't even think that they would bill for that one game wild card since the Braves have that locked up. I guess technically there is a chance they could host so they bill it and hopefully they make it to the World Series and can be applied to those tickets.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So annoying they charge the World Series so early. Shouldn't they wait till at least after the wild card round to take that money. They then get to hold it for a month or more till the send out your 2013 ticket info and make interest off your money.

Looks like I'll have to take the 1 game a series option as I was so unprepared for the run they have been on. Not to mention I have a 20 game pack 422 row 2 directly behind home plate, Last year we got 414 row 1 for the playoffs, very nice seats by 1st base, this year we get 433 row 7 far worse seats, uggg. Of course by September 24th the brewers could have fallen out of it (I hope not but the playoffs are still a long shot)

Also, seems like the Wild Card play off tickets are bit "far-fetched". The top Wild Card seed has home field advantage...correct? If there were just one wild card this year, I don't think the Brewers would be sending out playoff tickets.

Edit: I posted this before I was Outlander's post. I take it the Wild Card strip is for the one game wild card "playoff". As I stated here, this seems unnecessary for Milwaukee fans, which is probably why you are asking what that is.

Thanks, I didn't even think that they would bill for that one game wild card since the Braves have that locked up. I guess technically there is a chance they could host so they bill it and hopefully they make it to the World Series and can be applied to those tickets.

In a 3 way tie, the brewers could definitely host.

In a 3 way tie, the brewers could definitely host.

Read a article online (can't remember if it was SI.com or CBSsports.com) that stated that the Brewers get to pick if they want to play 1 game *on the road, or host a home game *and play two.

*= edit

You knew me as Myday2001.

Are they calling the tiebreaker game the wild card game then because the tiebreaker game would be a regular season game.

No the tiebreaker game is a seperate game.

Interesting as well on my ticket account there is no option to buy the 1 game a strip options However in the rules it said as a partial season ticket hold I will be offered that option. Maybe I cant pay for that option online, which again is fustrating as I want till wait till the 24th to pay if I feel they can still make the playoffs.

Are they calling the tiebreaker game the wild card game then because the tiebreaker game would be a regular season game.

No the tiebreaker game is a seperate game.

Interesting as well on my ticket account there is no option to buy the 1 game a strip options However in the rules it said as a partial season ticket hold I will be offered that option. Maybe I cant pay for that option online, which again is fustrating as I want till wait till the 24th to pay if I feel they can still make the playoffs.

I'm confused then Big Blast, why do you say that the Brewers can host if the tiebreaker is a separate game?

I'm confused then Big Blast, why do you say that the Brewers can host if the tiebreaker is a separate game?

Why couldn't they?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120907&content_id=38029316&vkey=news_mlb_nd&c_id=mlb

Determining Home-Field Advantage in Two-Team Tiebreakers

1. Head-to-head winning percentage during the 2012 regular season.

2. Higher winning percentage in intradivision games.

3. Higher winning percentage in the last half of intraleague games.

4. Higher winning percentage in the last half plus one intraleague game, provided that such additional game was not between the two tied clubs. Continue to go back one intraleague game at a time until the tie has been broken.

So, for example, if the Brewers end up tied with the Pirates, the game would be at Miller Park (as the 'Crew has already taken more than half the games vs the Pirates this season).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think there is some confusion here between tie-breakers and the wild card playoff. The tie-breaker would be if there were 2 or more teams tied for the 2nd wild card spot (or for a division lead - not really relevant this year). The winner of the tie-breaker would then play in the wild card playoff game (which the Brewers could not possibly host). I think the charge for the tickets are for the wild card playoff game (not any tie-breaker game), that's why it's confusing that they are charging for this.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Looks like they want to get as much money as possible in your account to make it easier for everyone to buy season tickets next year. That would explain wanting people to pay for the wild card game that won't happen at MP and charging for WS tickets so early. "Hey, we already have a bunch of your money, might as well renew right away..."

Looks like they want to get as much money as possible in your account to make it easier for everyone to buy season tickets next year. That would explain wanting people to pay for the wild card game that won't happen at MP and charging for WS tickets so early. "Hey, we already have a bunch of your money, might as well renew right away..."

I would think that is the endgame, as the Brewers would be losing money in credit card fees (a lot more than whatever interest they make) by taking the transactions for NLDS tickets,etc and then refunding the money a few weeks later.

I would think that is the endgame, as the Brewers would be losing money in credit card fees (a lot more than whatever interest they make) by taking the transactions for NLDS tickets,etc and then refunding the money a few weeks later.

There is a $5.00 per ticket fee, that more than covers any credit card fees they incur.

I received the Post season Letter today,I'm a little upset.

Last playoff series 2011,2008, got 3 tickets each for the 2, 20 packs(not fan choice)

They located me lower level 126, (6 tickets 2011) ,110 (6 tickets 2008)

I have been 2,20 pack for 7 years .Now they given me 3 seats in section 208 .

Why ,I don't know.Where is the other 3 tickets and why in upstairs in 2nd level.

I received the Post season Letter today,I'm a little upset.

Last playoff series 2011,2008, got 3 tickets each for the 2, 20 packs(not fan choice)

They located me lower level 126, (6 tickets 2011) ,110 (6 tickets 2008)

I have been 2,20 pack for 7 years .Now they given me 3 seats in section 208 .

Why ,I don't know.Where is the other 3 tickets and why in upstairs in 2nd level.

A) Where are your normal seats and B) When you say 2, 20 pack...how many tickets in each packet is that?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yes, their priority goes like this:

1) Full season seat holders, based on seniority

2) Half-season seat holders, based on seniority

3) Fixed 20 game pack holders, based on seniority

4) Fan's Choice 20 game pack holders, based on seniority.

So, regardless of how long you've been a 20 game pack holder, if someone bought a half-season or full-season's worth of tickets, then you get bumped farther away.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

For what it's worth, here is a posteason information page on the Brewers' website. Scroll past the key dates and there is a FAQ list:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/postseason.jsp?partnerId=ed-6447454-399125260

Not to make RunaBase or anyone else feel worse, but I've had no complaint about our postseason locations (both realized and would-be) in Miller Park. We've been partial season customers since 1993, but we declined to buy in 1995 because of the strike - so our unbroken streak dates back to 1996.

2007: We had one fan's choice package and were seated in our 'regular' section, 417. That could be because we had family section seats all along (though they don't observe family sections in the postseason).

2008: We had one fan's choice package in 417 and one Sunday Plus in 217. The Brewers offered us two postseason seats per package - one in 421 and one in 209 or so. We sat in 209 and sold the 421 tickets at face value to Brewerfan posters.

2011: By this year we had changed our 417 package to Opening Day Plus and retained the Sunday Plus package in 217. The Brewers offered us four seats together in 222. That was a nice surprise, as (based on 2008) we had expected four seats, but in two separate pairs.

2012: With the same packages as in 2011, we have been offered four seats together in 214.

Given our distance from Milwaukee, we can never realistically increase our ticket investment (honestly, the two 20-packs is a stretch at times, though the last couple of seasons it has been great fun), so seniority has to be giving us more of a boost.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of full/partial season seat holders have been around for 1-5 years, 6-10, 11-15, etc. That is where I suspect the hawing party scores well, and knowing the percentages would probably shed light on many of the seating decisions they make.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

First year 20 pack fans choice holder here (section 208/209 mostly). Postseason tickets in section 436. With me living across the country it's hard for me to justify paying much more than for those seats,so I can't complain too much.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Update

E-mail my Brewers represenative last night.

He called at Noon, saying there was a mistake

do to the rush of the Postseason mailing time ,

and I got my 6 tickets in section 127

Thank you Brewers!

Let go to POST SEASON for 2 yeaars in a roll

So 10 game pack holders don't automatically get a chance at tix too? That's like the whole reason I bought some (seriously, like 4 out of the 11 games went unused because you couldn't give away tix in the middle of the summer).

So 10 game pack holders don't automatically get a chance at tix too? That's like the whole reason I bought some (seriously, like 4 out of the 11 games went unused because you couldn't give away tix in the middle of the summer).

I always thought that 10 game ticket packs at least got one ticket for each series.

Did you try selling your tix on stubhub? MLB makes it very easy to do this through your online ticket account. You may not have gotten your money back, but you would have at least gotten something. If you didn't want to do that, you also could have exchanged the tickets (for a game after the one you are trading). There is a $1 fee per ticket to do this.

If 10-game holders don't "officially" get playoff tickets, you might want to try calling your ticket rep. If you explain that you thought they were included and tell him about the unused tickets, how playoff tickets was a big reason you bought it, etc then maybe he'll be able to "scrape up" some tickets for you.

My plan (as someone who buys into a full season package for 10 games and doesn't have access to playoff tickets) is to (a) enter the lottery, or (b) show up at every playoff game and buy tickets for near face value in the parking lot.

Archived