Brewer Fanatic

2012 postseason ticket invoices in mail; payment due September 24 (see post 14)

PrinceEatMeat
Since the Brewers are now only 5 GB of the 2nd WC, I'm just curious if the Brewers will start thinking about sending out playoff ticket info to season ticket holders. Being one myself, I can't really recall what they have done in previous years. There haven't been a ton of situations like this before. Anyone have any inside info on this?
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2007, 2008 and 2011 they sent out the post season ticket stuff somewhere around early September.

They really haven't been in this sort of situation before (a late surge giving them a tiny spec of hope). I'd imagine they will delay as long as possible to save the thousands of dollars that printing and mailing the info packets would curtail.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

other problem would be the brewers would most likely not be guaranteed a home game if they get the second wild card spot. they may turn off some people from the substantial upfront money the playoff tickets would cost.

From what I seem to remember, playoff tickets are charged in segments (either for each separate round or for a couple rounds at once). So I don't remember the upfront investment being all that much relative to what all the tickets might end up costing (of course, it depends on what kind of seats you have).

Here is the latest info on the brewers website. From my season ticket section. It appears there in the process of updated it, no prices yet.

"All Wild Card tickets, Division Series tickets, League Championship tickets and Parking must be paid in full by October 1, 2012.

Please Note: The credit card used for this transaction will automatically be charged upon advancement to the League Championship Series.

All Postseason ticket packages will be delivered by October 3. All season seat holders that received a post season ticket invoice will receive all ticket listed on their invoice regardless of receiving payment. Please note your tickets will be automatically released and NOT VALID if payment is not received by Wednesday, October 3. All unpaid tickets that are presented at the entry gates will be denied entry to the ballpark. (can we make this paragraph bold/red)

Your invoiced ticket prices reflect all applicable sales taxes and per ticket fees. As in past years, each Postseason ticket has a $5 service fee that is not reflected on the printed ticket price.

With any questions or concerns regarding your Postseason ticket information, please contact the Milwaukee Brewers Season Ticket Office at (414) 902-4100.

Thank you for your continued support of the Milwaukee Brewers."

Really, no one has posted about this yet?

I got an email at 2:30 informing me that my postseason invoice was being mailed today and it's due by September 24. Yup, that's next week Monday.

I logged into my account to see what I owe, and it's not even posted yet.

Keep hope alive.

I logged into my account and I see these notes:

All Wild Card tickets, Division Series tickets, League Championship tickets and Parking must be paid in full by September 24, 2012.

Please Note: The credit card used for this transaction will automatically be charged for the World Series upon advancement to the League Championship Series.

All Postseason ticket packages will be delivered by October 3. All Season Seat Holders that pay for their Postseason tickets by Noon on September 24 will receive their tickets via Fed Ex. Accounts that pay for their Postseason tickets after Noon on September 24 can pick up their tickets from the Miller Park Ticket Office starting at Noon on October 2.

Your invoiced ticket prices reflect all applicable sales taxes and per ticket fees. As in past years, each Postseason ticket has a $5 service fee that is not reflected on the printed ticket price.

With any questions or concerns regarding your Postseason ticket information, please contact the Milwaukee Brewers Season Ticket Office.

I also just spoke with my ticket rep. He said everything (extra single-seat sales to SSH, public sales, any additional tickets available for SSH) is going to be on an accelerated schedule, and he won't even know if there are extra tickets to offer me (which I've gotten during the 2008 and 2011 post seasons) until the end of next week.

As delighted as I am at the mere possibility of a Brewers postseason, how awkward this must be for the ticket staff. Last year was a relatively easy sell since the postseason odds were pretty good, and people had a few weeks to decide. Now it's no sure thing at all - you could even have a scenario where the Brewers play a "game 163" on the road and lose it, resulting in nothing extra happening at Miller Park.

It's definitely what you're in the business for, but the timing is awkward.

If enough SSHs buy in, it'll definitely help ticket sales for 2013, though. Last year we simply applied a portion of our unused postseason ticket $ to cover the 2012 tickets (and still had a refund - those WS tickets are spendy).

Incidentally, I just peeked at our ticket account and some details now appear. There are four entries on our To-Do List:

1. "Post-season General Strip" (2, no location indicated) for $300.00

2. "Postseason-League Championship Series" (4 seats in section 214) for $960.00

3. "Postseason-Division Series" (4 seats in 214) for $440.00

4. "Wild Card-Postseason Strip" (4 seats in 214) for $220.00

That would be consistent with no WS billing until/unless the Brewers get to the LCS.

I'm not sure what item 1 is, but I assume whatever comes in the mail or email will break this down further.

Time to go back to maintaining the delicate balance between keeping hope alive and assuming too much. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing, from what I could tell in my account the first item appears to be parking. Under "type" it states "Preferred parking strip". However, mine is for $250 (not $300)?

Also, I now have extra reason to want the Brewers to make the playoffs. For the first time, we basically got the same seats we have for our season tix (just a few seats down the row). In 2008 we were 3 sections over. Last year, we were 2 sections over. I'm very happy about this!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yep, parking is my guess. Perhaps the Brewers assume we need two general parking passes, which would explain why our parking total is pricier than yours. The notion of two parking passes is not crazy because the Brewers might conclude that we need one for each of our two 20-packs.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

1. "Post-season General Strip" (2, no location indicated) for $300.00

2. "Postseason-League Championship Series" (4 seats in section 214) for $960.00

3. "Postseason-Division Series" (4 seats in 214) for $440.00

4. "Wild Card-Postseason Strip" (4 seats in 214) for $220.00

What is the wild card strip for?

Also, seems like the Wild Card play off tickets are bit "far-fetched". The top Wild Card seed has home field advantage...correct? If there were just one wild card this year, I don't think the Brewers would be sending out playoff tickets.

Edit: I posted this before I was Outlander's post. I take it the Wild Card strip is for the one game wild card "playoff". As I stated here, this seems unnecessary for Milwaukee fans, which is probably why you are asking what that is.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Edit: Just read Hawing's original post.

Edit 2: Added stuff from Brewers website.

I'd imagine the "Post season general" would be the case of a 1 game playoff.

SEPTEMBER 24

Postseason payment for Wild Card, NLDS and NLCS must be received by the Brewers..

PLEASE NOTE: Credit card for World Series must be submitted with invoice.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/postseason.jsp

OCTOBER 1

If tickets are paid in full or payment plan is selected by noon on September 24, the Postseason Tickets and Parking (if on your invoice) will be sent via FedEx to Season Seat Holders. All accounts that pay after that time will have their tickets available for pick up at Miller Park the week of October 1.

OCTOBER 3

Tiebreaker tickets for Full SSHs can be paid for through your My Brewers Tickets account.

In addition, an online presale will be available to all Partial Plan Accounts.

OCTOBER 4

Credit cards will be charged for the World Series beginning October 4.

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER

2013 Season Ticket Renewal information will be sent within one month of the season ending.

I'm sorry, after last season's fiasco where they kept $1000 charged on my credit card (and as a result, out of my bank account) without refunding my money after the Brewers didn't go to the World Series, I'm a little upset that they plan to charge us for WS tickets on Oct 4th before the playoffs even start.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived