Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-08 Brewers (Fiers) at Cardinals (Westbrook), 6:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

pretendastronaut

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 08 | 6:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (68-70) | Cardinals (74-64)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/fiers-17.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/cardinals/westbrook-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]8-7, 3.11 ERA, 1.16 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]One big inning cost Fiers in his last outing. He was unable to escape the fourth after he gave up five runs on five hits (all singles), walked one and committed an error in the inning. He allowed six runs and committed two errors on the day.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]13-10, 3.93 ERA, 1.37 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Westbrook has not finished six innings in any of his last three starts. That's primarily the result of less-than-stellar command of his sinker. During the three-game stretch, Westbrook has allowed 14 runs and 27 hits in 15 1/3 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Jeff Bianchi
  9. RHP Mike Fiers

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jon Jay
  2. RF Matt Carpenter
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. 1B Allen Craig
  5. C Yadier Molina
  6. 3B David Freese
  7. 2B Skip Schumaker
  8. SS Daniel Descalso
  9. RHP Jake Westbrook

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

I cant continue to emphasize enough how stupid a replay-less MLB in 2012 is. (Having one exception for the option of checking on home runs does not constitute a replay system). Even Rock is warming up to it and he's as old school as they get.

I know this isn't a popular opinion around here, but I continue to be underwhelmed by Taylor Green. I know it's very difficult to get a rhythm going without regular at bats, but he seems like he's being dominated by MLB pitching.

I know this isn't a popular opinion around here, but I continue to be underwhelmed by Taylor Green. I know it's very difficult to get a rhythm going without regular at bats, but he seems like he's being dominated by MLB pitching.

I don't see Green as a potential starter or 3rd baseman of the future. I think he's most likely a career utility infielder, at best.

Dumb call to have Bianchi sac bunting Gomez over to 3rd with nobody out. Big innings are good, Ron. They could put this game away. We don't always need to play for one run.

I agree; I didn't understand that move. Well.. I guess I sort of did, but I would still let Bianchi hit there. I can see wanting to get a runner on 3rd with less than two out, but Bianchi is perfectly capable of hitting the ball in the gap or just getting a single through the infield which should have scored Gomez.

Up 4-1, but this is one they will remember a long time if they blow it and drop out of the race. They should have 7-8 runs easy at this point. So many blown opportunities.

I'm happy to have the lead but no kidding. Two bases loaded/nobody out situations without any runs. Not. Good.

I see the bullpen is about to blow it again.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Keep beating it, because it's true. You'll get no complaints from me.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived