Brewer Fanatic

2012 brewers hurlers pursue single-season strikeout record

djoctagone
With 11 K's tonight, they sit at 1365 this season, and need exactly 40 over the last 4 games to set the record.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Fiers doing his part so far. 8K's through 4IP.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm kinda surprised this attempt at the record really hasn't gotten any attention. Mind you, I haven't watched any national outlets in some time, but I know its not on any of the 'big' websites.

I'm not so surprised that it's not getting national attention. After all, we are not the Yankees. I am surprised that it has not received more attention from the local media. There was a small blurb about it in the "Statitudes" section of the game report in the Journal Sentinel this morning. I mentioned it yesterday to a guy I work with (who's a fairly big baseball and Brewer fan) and he knew nothing about it. His initial response was "you mean the batters?"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

His initial response was "you mean the batters?"

I mean... its not a bad assumption!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Stinson is not exactly a strikeout pitcher, and if he struggles, they'll probably throw Livan in there. It's going to be tough. Veras has strikeout stuff and he's rested. Give him 3 innings and they have a chance. He might walk a half dozen trying to strike everyone out, but it might work.

[sarcasm]The game means nothing, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some fly balls get lost in the lights, being careful on pop-ups near the stands so as not to get injured, and a few ground balls booted.[/sarcasm]

Gotta be careful not to give Hedley any RBI's in this senario... Gotta give Braun at least a chance.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Stinson is not exactly a strikeout pitcher, and if he struggles, they'll probably throw Livan in there. It's going to be tough. Veras has strikeout stuff and he's rested. Give him 3 innings and they have a chance. He might walk a half dozen trying to strike everyone out, but it might work.

From JSOnline http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/172404981.html

Roenicke said his choices in the bullpen might be limited because Livan Hernandez has a hamstring strain and Jose Veras has been bothered by back stiffness.

Roenicke said his choices in the bullpen might be limited because Livan Hernandez has a hamstring strain and Jose Veras has been bothered by back stiffness.

Augh, so it's not only Johnny Wholestaff night, but maybe C- or D-list Wholestaff. I know that games are not played on paper and so all's not lost, but waah.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Augh, so it's not only Johnny Wholestaff night, but maybe C- or D-list Wholestaff. I know that games are not played on paper and so all's not lost, but waah.

Actually this is good. Hernandez and Veras suck. Likely means Henderson, K-Rod, and Ax will pitch the 7th, 8th, and 9th no matter what the score is. That gives us a lot of chances at strikeouts.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

You think Parra and Loe won't see the bump again?

Just the thought of Livan being considered as an option gives me a sadface. It's been a while since I felt like really turning on a player (Jorge Julio, I'm thinking), but this is where I'm at with Livan.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived