Brewer Fanatic

2012 brewers hurlers pursue single-season strikeout record

djoctagone

touched on not too long ago here . . .

thru 135 games played, brewers pitchers have struck out 1178 batters.

the next goal is breaking the brewers' franchise record of 1258 (set in 2010). this will definitely be broken.

after that, it's breaking the 2003 cubs' major league record 1404.

the brewers are currently on pace for 1413 . . . assuming all 162 games are played.

granted, breaking that record will require a lot of road wins (otherwise, pitchers will only go 8 innings).

this will be interesting . . . especially with mark rogers already shut down, and rumors of other pitchers also being shut down.

One of many dorky things I do regarding the Brewers is take photos at games, including the Miller Park K counter above right field. Recently I was looking at some photos from last September and was surprised to see that the Brewers' K count at the end of the 2011 regular season was less than their current 2012 total is now. It was 620-something at the end of September 2011 and around 670 on September 2, 2012.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Fiers has over a K per inning. Marcum is a bit under. The one question is Peralta. he had almost a K/inning in the minors, but the K's haven't been there yet in Milwaukee. Of course, it's hard to get K's when you can't find the strike zone.

the brewers will need to average exactly 9 punchouts per game (assuming all remaining 15 are played) to break the major league record.

they currently have seven active pitchers who are averaging 9 or more strikeouts per 9 innings (henderson, axford, veras, parra, estrada, fiers and gallardo). mark rogers had been averaging 9.46 per 9 innings, so the brewers' chances of breaking the mlb record were diminished with his shutdown.

as stated before, if the brewers are going to break the record, it's likely going to require pitching in the 9th inning on the road. that can only bode well for the optimism thread . . .

assuming only 162 games are played, the brewers need to average exactly 10 strikeouts per game over their final 8 games to break the mlb record. very tough, but if they do it, it's likely because they're winning those 8 games.

one or two 11-inning victories wouldn't hurt.

assuming only 162 games are played, the brewers need to average exactly 10 strikeouts per game over their final 8 games to break the mlb record. very tough, but if they do it, it's likely because they're winning those 8 games.

one or two 11-inning victories wouldn't hurt.

With Marcum starting at least once that will not happen.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

interesting torts. I'd have to look back at this year, but it sure seems like his K's are down dramatically from last year. He was racking up the K's last year

He's actually struck out nearly a batter more per 9 innings this season. (7.1 last year, 8.0 this year).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

interesting torts. I'd have to look back at this year, but it sure seems like his K's are down dramatically from last year. He was racking up the K's last year

He's actually struck out nearly a batter more per 9 innings this season. (7.1 last year, 8.0 this year).

and then he goes out and throws 7 K in 6 IP tonight with maybe innings to go. LOL

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

12k in 9IP today, gotta help out some, right?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

nine point eight and a third? Wow. How about 9.8333...would that work too?

edit: Actually wouldn't nine point eight and a third be 9.8 + .333, which would actually be 10.133 K's per game.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived