Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-03 Brewers (Fiers) at Marlins (Nolasco), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

hawing

I'm not sure pretendastronaut is available today, or realizes that the holiday leads to a day start.

On the up side, Brewerfan.net is ably represented today at Marlins Park by our own owbc. :) Don't let the mascot dress you like a Marlins fan this time, man.

Your visiting Milwaukee Brewers:

RF Norichika Aoki

2B Rickie Weeks

LF Ryan Braun

3B Aramis Ramirez

1B Corey Hart

C Jonathan Lucroy

CF Carlos Gomez

SS Jean Segura

RHP Mike Fiers

Today's home team, the Florida Miami Marlins:

CF Gorkys Hernandez

2B Donovan Solano

SS Jose Reyes

RF Giancarlo Stanton

1B Carlos Lee

LF Justin Ruggiano

C Rob Brantly

3B Donnie Murphy

RHP Ricky Nolasco

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Fiers doesn't have his "A" stuff today. Did he come to Miami early? Or did he just go last night with the team?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tough game for the crew. Travel and play at noon? That's horse poop!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Orioles travelled, they're winning. Phillies travelled, they're winning. Cardinals travelled, they're winning. Stop making excuses.

Really? STFU.

I'm sure no one cares, but they are explaining on the Marlins feed that the reason they took the 7th run off the board is because Hart's foot touched the base before his glove hit Lee's hand, making it a force. So the run comes off. But the tag is irrelevant anyway, and no one understood why the home plate umpire thought 'timing play' was in effect.

Orioles travelled, they're winning. Phillies travelled, they're winning. Cardinals travelled, they're winning. Stop making excuses.

Really? STFU.

Where's a moderator when you need one. That kind of stuff isn't allowed here.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Really? STFU.

You always have something to say dont ya? No need for u to say anything either. Not surprised though.

You barely ever see what Rickie & Reyes did today but in the same game? Yikes.

Really? STFU.

You always have something to say dont ya? No need for u to say anything either. Not surprised though.

http://i.imgur.com/tWp8Z.gif

Sorry, folks. I started the IGT and then ran errands and did some (paying job) work from home, because the holiday that takes place the day before an academic year begins isn't really a full holiday for me.

Neither the cussing nor the general combativeness of that post is allowed here, and we'll be rectifying that situation.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I thought it was a pretty unfocused effort from start to finish from just about everyone. Definitely not nit picking anything in particular, because everyone seemed off, but there was no discipline at the dish or in the field. Fiers struggled and I don't know if he was juiced to be 'home' or what. It was frustrating because the Marlins have been starving for runs lately.

After the weekend series with the Bucs, the Brewers suddenly found/find themselves with new life in the wild card chase and it was a little disappointing to see the effort they turned in yesterday in light of that. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. The Brewers have been one of (if not the single most) hottest teams in the NL. I am interested to see how they respond tonight.

Archived