Brewer Fanatic

Encarnacion and Bautista - what is going on in Toronto?

JackNicholson1974

Is it the hitting coach?

Encarnacion has been a consistent .780 OPS guy most of his career, and now he is OPSing .950, and almost +200 increase.

Bautista was also stuck in the .750 OPS range until exploding to 1.000 OPS.

First let me say this isnt meant to implicate anyone in PEDs, I am seriously wondering if Toronto is doing something with their hitters to help these guys breakthrough.

They are both Dominican and sometimes those guys dont have a lot of patience at the plate or arent as selective (the 'ole you cant walk your way off the island mentality) and I am wondering if Toronto has found a way to get through to these guys to get the best results possible.

EE was having a lot of trouble learning to play 3B

Then he had some injury shortened seasons

Then he played through injuries (last year)

Now he's DH/1B, healthy, starting every day, and 29 years old, a good age for power hitters

Edit: the Mat Gamel story, 2014?

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

They told them:

Stop worrying about striking out.

Stop worrying about hitting the ball the other way.

Just swing hard and pull the ball.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived