Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-31 Pirates (Karstens) at Brewers (Rogers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 31 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (70-60) | Brewers (62-68)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/pirates/karstens-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/rogers-05.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-3, 3.47 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Karstens hopes to not have any residual effect from the strained left-groin that forced him out last Saturday against the Brewers. He did go seven scoreless innings -- the seventh time in his last 10 starts that he'd gone seven-plus.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-1, 4.28 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]He gutted through five innings to beat the Pirates on Sunday without his best stuff, and will try to be sharper in the rematch. After being denied in his first six Major League starts, Rogers has two straight wins.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Alex Presley
  2. LF Jose Tabata
  3. RF Travis Snider
  4. 1B Garrett Jones
  5. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  6. C Michael McKenry
  7. 2B Josh Harrison
  8. SS Clint Barmes
  9. P Jeff Karstens

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Mark Rogers

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Aoki scratched according to rotoworld.

Norichika Aoki was scratched from Friday's lineup against the Pirates.

Aoki is dealing with some stiffness in his neck from a collision during Thursday's game. Consider him day-to-day for now. Nyjer Morgan will take his place in the lineup.

Source: Adam McCalvy on Twitter Aug 31 - 5:43 PM

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Is McCutchen hurt?

I caught a little of the Pirates game a day or two ago and he has some sort of leg issue. He was quite gimpy. It didn't seem serious, but probably something that merited some rest to make sure he's okay for the final month.

Is McCutchen hurt?

I caught a little of the Pirates game a day or two ago and he has some sort of leg issue. He was quite gimpy. It didn't seem serious, but probably something that merited some rest to make sure he's okay for the final month.

I wonder if that's lingering soreness from when he crashed into the wall going after a hit in PIT from our last series?

4-0! A Ram and Hart come through!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Hmm, Rickie now 6 for his last 6? Nice to see him hitting the ball with authority.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

FRIDAY FANTASY FACTS - Karstens handles a few Brewers

The heart of the Brewers lineup (Corey Hart, Ryan Braun, and Rickie Weeks) has struggled against Friday's starter Jeff Karstens. The trio is a combined 12-for-71 (.169) in their career against Karstens with 14 strikeouts.

Nicely done, ESPN. Nicely done, lol.

Does anybody else have a huge man crush on rogers? Mine has already surpassed the one I had for Gallardo when he first came up. Just filthy pitches..
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

random stat: Rickie is 8th among all active players in HBP and is only behind Carlos Quentin in HBP per game (for players with over 2 seasons of games)...Rickies averaging a HBP every 8.2 games

I love the early game lead but coming from the heels of last night, I'm nowhere near optimistic about this game.

7 to 2 with the A Ram home run. Is that enough of a lead for this bullpen with one inning to go?

I am 1000% thrilled that Ramirez didn't get traded...

I didn't understand the people who wanted to trade him at the deadline, and still don't.

If we can get another solid starter and rebuild our bullpen for next season, this offense will continue to mash, lead by Braun and Ramirez...

I just have a hard time seeing our offemse without him at this point. He has pretty much done what Prince did for us and for a LOT cheaper than Prince would have been... Not to mention, had outplayed Prince defensively. Our infield defense is so much better with Ramirez at 3B and Hart at 1B compared to the trash we put out there last year.

I love Aramis Ramirez.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived