Brewer Fanatic

Orioles sign Randy Wolf

brewmann04

O's got Wolf. lucky them I guess? hope he works better for them than he has for milwaukee this year

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

My first thought was the Cardinals, too, but I would have thought of the Orioles right away back when the Brewers were in the American League.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Yes, but I don't think salary relief is forthcoming. Unless I missed something, Wolf was released outright.

Don't the Brewers get salary relief if Wolf is picked up to the extent of - prorated minimum salary ($480K)? So they would save approx $80K.

Yes, but I don't think salary relief is forthcoming. Unless I missed something, Wolf was released outright.

Don't the Brewers get salary relief if Wolf is picked up to the extent of - prorated minimum salary ($480K)? So they would save approx $80K.

Yes. I forgot about this, though I'm not sure that kind of cash is much salary relief. Not sure how I could forget about this a few years after the Cardinals added insult to injury by kicking the Brewers about .2 percent of the remaining money they owed Soup.

i would assume the brewers are on the hook for the buyout since they released randy..if he was claimed, then his contract goes to the birds, but when you just release a player, you settle your outstanding account and move on...i would guess randy has already been paid the buyout

i would assume the brewers are on the hook for the buyout since they released randy..if he was claimed, then his contract goes to the birds, but when you just release a player, you settle your outstanding account and move on...i would guess randy has already been paid the buyout

I'm sure the Brewers are on the hook. And I doubt the Brewers have paid the buyout already (time value of money) unless their was contract language "upon release it comes due in full immediately".

I'm sure the Brewers are on the hook. And I doubt the Brewers have paid the buyout already (time value of money) unless their was contract language "upon release it comes due in full immediately".

MLBTR post states they are on the hook for the 9.5MM left on his contract

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived