Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-27 Brewers (Estrada) at Cubs (Germano), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 15-4; not a typo]

Aramis Ramirez is having a ridiculously under appreciated season. I'm all for putting him on the block in the off-season and trying to capitalize on 2012 (not sure what he'd fetch). I don't think anyone expected a career year from him.

Hats off to Doug and the FO for that signing.

If there was anything behind him that is anything close to him I'd agree but there's not. He's worth that risk to keep putting up numbers between Braun and Hart. Lineup could be something special next season and were talking without Prince.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm all for putting him on the block in the off-season and trying to capitalize on 2012 (not sure what he'd fetch).

Nope, not me.

I was against all the trade him and his contarct talk at the deadline, and even more against it now.

Take him out of next year's line-up, coupled with very questionable pitching, and there is no way we compete for the playoffs in 2013.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Wow, lol, all of a sudden, this is really fun!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

LMAO! Bianchi getting into the act.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm still rooting for the improbable run to get the Brewers back to .500 by the end of the season. I know it isn't rational but it at least keeps me mildly interested in the rest of the season. they are now 7 games under despite scoring 8 more runs than they've given up on the season. Just crazy.

If a reliever comes in and gives up a home run, a single, and a double...at that point any decent major league manager is at least getting somebody else up in the pen. Did Roenicke do it? I don't know if he did or not. But after another walk, Soriano came up with the bases loaded and two away. It could have gotten very ugly. Loe is lucky that he got him out.

Statistically, Loe had a very good chance of getting Soriano out in that situation, probably better than 70%. Loe is a decent reliever, doesn't walk a ton of guys, had the platoon advantage and has had great success against righties in his career. Sounds like a decent matc hup.

A lot of managers do a lot of things that are not always the best decisions. All I'm telling you is based on current studies, having the inning start with three hits does not predictive future failure for the pitcher. Despite the terrible start to the inning, Loe struck out the next two batters swinging. You seem to now be conceding that there was little chance a reliever was ready to go after the three hits but after the subsequent 2 strikeouts and a walk, it was STILL obvious that Loe should have been pulled? It all just sounds so.... silly. Sure, if I could choose any Brewer reliever in that situation, I might have picked someone else, but RR doesn't have that luxury.

I wish this team would rattle off like a 20-6 record in their next 26 games and make it real interesting. Not likely but still fun to think about.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wish this team would rattle off like a 20-6 record in their next 26 games and make it real interesting. Not likely but still fun to think about.

The thing is, they're totally capable of this. The question, as always, is if they actually can follow one short good stretch with another because that's how it would have to start.

They've had an almost uncanny knack this year of not doing so, and they've been way too good at having a little lousy streak follow the first little lousy streak. Here's hoping some good wins start to build some confidence, and then that confidence starts to produce some of the results they've been capable of all year.

This game was as much fun as a Brewer game has been in quite awhile.

I actually tuned in during the 8th, so I basically only caught the amazing part of the game. And yeah, that 9th inning just felt so good. I didn't care if the game was meaningless, I just wanted to keep seeing them tack on more runs... and they did! The Braun HR alone was worth the price of admission. That shot, into the wind?! Hart's was a mammoth blast as well, considering the wind. Without wind, he might've hit that out of the stadium, and to a pretty deep part of it no less.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived