Jeff Suppan

Braden Looper

David Bush

Looper!

WINS

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/baseball/mlb/players/5966.jpg

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my 2013 rotation:

Ben Sheets

Doug Davis

Jeff Suppan

Braden Looper

David Bush

Looper!

WINS

What has been seen cannot be unseen

my 2013 rotation:

Ben Sheets

Doug Davis

Jeff Suppan

Braden Looper

David Bush

Looper!

WINS

You should be beaten for this. Severely.

Greinke (5yr, 99 mil w/6th yr opt. @21mil)
was that supposed to be in blue?

Didn't he turn down a bigger contract than that from us already?

Hoping he sucked for another month and the price went down a little.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ok I'm changing mine...

1. Greinke (5yr: 108mil, 6th yr @ 22mil)

2. Gallardo

3. Sheets (2yr: 9mil) *Peralta's spot if injury

4. Fiers

5. Rogers

(Pen: Ax, Henderson, Estrada, Parra, Loe, Peralta, Thornburg)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jennings

Ellis

Harris

Ilyasova

Dalembert

This made me laugh probably harder than it should have.

i got luc richard at the 3 :)

also while its fun, its way to early to speculate. one of the young starters can be traded, peralta and thornburg have yet to have their auditions, and its hart to speculate on if the brewers bring in any FA's. If you twisted my arm i would have Yo, Estrada, Fiers, Rogers, Thornburg in some order, but obviously bringing back Marcum would probably be beneficial to both sides for a 1 year deal.

Greinke (5yr, 99 mil w/6th yr opt. @21mil)
was that supposed to be in blue?

Didn't he turn down a bigger contract than that from us already?

Hoping he sucked for another month and the price went down a little.

If he sucks for another month do we want to be locked in for a 100 million dollar contract?

I'm looking forward to 2014 when we are going to be relevant again.

Give the young guys a shot next year in the rotation:

Gallardo

Fiers

Estrada

Rogers

Peralta/Thornburg

If we can sign Marcum to a reasonable contract I'm all for it. Chances are he will be asking to much as well.

Honestly, how much will Sheets get in the offseason? Just curious..

1) Yovani Gallardo

2) Mike Fiers

3) Carlos Villanueva (free agent, 101 K in 98.2 IP, 3.10 ERA in AL East. Will be 29)

4) Mark Rogers

5) Wily Peralta

One thing to keep in mind with Villanueva is his strand rate this season is almost 10% higher than his career rate. That can significantly lower a pitcher's ERA, although you certainly can't take away from the success he's had pitching in the AL East.

I'm not sure he's someone I'd want to see the Brewers commit multiple years & multiple millions to, as there could actually be quite a market for him this coming offseason. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to see the Brewers sign any FA SP this offseason. I would much rather see a younger cost-controlled player acquired via trade.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I initially posted this in the 'Estrada: smoke/mirrors' thread, but I realized how off-topic it was there...

The more Thornburg has pitched at higher levels, the more I tend to agree with the notion that he's a bullpen arm at the MLB level. I admittedly mocked that notion when I read it pre-2012 & early 2012 from prospect gurus, but I think it's becoming more & more apparent that he's not efficient enough or dominating enough (stuff-wise) to stick as a SP. I'd still want to see him start off 2013 as a SP in Nashville, because if he *is* able to learn to be more efficient with his pitches, then I think he is a legit SP candidate.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

1. Gallardo

2. Fiers

3. FA or Veteran brought in via trade

4. Estrada

5. Rogers

Peralta and Thornburg start 2013 in AAA and are ready to step-in (in that order) in case of the inevitable injury.

Before he returned, I wanted that #3 to be Marcum... now I'm not so sure anymore. I have a feeling that I will be underwhelmed by whoever we get to take that spot... hopefully Doug surprises me with a trade for a #2/#3 starter.

If they can get a solid #2 or 3 starter in exchange for a couple of these young arms I'd be all for it. I know that's probably contrary to how 80% of the posters on Brewerfan feel, but I don't want them to "take their lumps" for a season or two. Took enough lumps this season. It's time to contend again next year. There seems to be nothing wrong with their offense at all, let's strike while we can!

I think through trade or FA they need to add one established proven starter (An Edwin Jackson type starter would be great!), then let Axford try to prove last season was not just a fluke, but hopefully sign some guys like Affeldt and J. Rauch as setup/closer insurance guys. I hate to spend too much money on middle relievers/setup guys (see David Riske), but it's clear that is their main weakness at this point (the bullpen in general).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

rotoworld has Edwin jackson getting 5/75 this offseason---yeeeeeeesh...would not want that

the player that intrigues me is Ryan Dempster---if you could get him for 2/20, i think it's a good deal

lol at both

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

1. Greinke type

2. Gallardo

3. Marcum type

4. Fiers

5. Winner between Narveson, Estrada and upcoming AAA/AA arms

You still have to have a legitimate Ace. Gallardo is still too inconsistent to be a #1.

Fiers, while a pleasant addition, hasn't pitched enough at the MLB level for me to be comfortable with anything higher than a #4.

The #5 position will be filled with someone from within the organization.

I would like to see both Narveson and Estrada as long-men in the bullpen. I'd like to see Narveson replace Parra.

I would also like to see at least one young arm other than Fiers make the rotation next year otherwise there will be a logjam a level below...not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Maybe Thornburg makes the opening day roster in the bullpen too with a good spring. That would take him out of the #5 slot, but I think he is still better served as a starter in AAA for at least the beginning of '13.

I think a strong push should be made to bring back Greinke near market value and Marcum (1yr). The rotation IMO needs two good/excellent veterans to create balance and to take a fair share of the pressure on. The young guys need to be pushed down in the rotation for them to pick up the necessary experience and appropriate amount of pressure vs. their experience.

This would make me comfortable going into next year with a playoff-caliber rotation. Too many young, unproven guys next year would lower my playoff expectations accordingly.

1. Narveson

2. Gallardo

3. Narveson

4. Fiers

5. Narveson

The more Narveson pitches, the better our chances, so I'd like him to fill 3 of our 5 spots.

I don't even care that he goes back to back every 5 days, he can handle it. 2012 surgery? Who cares, the guy is superman!!!

He is going to come back stronger than ever. Who cares if he only topped out at a #5 type pitcher when he was younger and healthy, pre surgery. Now, after surgery, and a year older, he can easily be our ace in the hole.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

You still have to have a legitimate Ace. Gallardo is still too inconsistent to be a #1.

I keep hearing things like this, but Gallardo recorded his MLB leading 23rd quality start last night. It may not be the best stat, but I think the number/% of quality starts is certainly an indicator of consistency. Gallardo is a #1. He may not be an elite ace, but it's not because of inconsistency.

Archived