Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-20 Cubs (Germano) at Brewers (Rogers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-5 - Rogers' first MLB win]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 20 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (47-73) | Brewers (54-66)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/cubs/germano-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/rogers-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-2, 3.19 ERA, 1.16 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Germano posted his first quality start of the season on Wednesday, giving up two runs over 6 1/3 innings vs. the Astros. Opposing teams keep calling him a "crafty right-hander." Germano won't overpower hitters, but he does keep them off-balance.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 4.94 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Searching for the first win of his career, Rogers is coming off a five-run, seven-hit performance against the Rockies. Still, for the third time in four starts, he was in line for the win before the bullpen blew a save.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF David DeJesus
  2. 3B Josh Vitters
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  4. LF Alfonso Soriano
  5. SS Starlin Castro
  6. C Welington Castillo
  7. CF Brett Jackson
  8. 2B Darwin Barney
  9. P Justin Germano

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Mark Rogers

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That line-up right there is probably the best line-up we can put out there at the moment.

That said, we'll probably be no-hit tonight...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Rogers' K's have looked pretty nifty.

So have his walks. Dude needs to get better command or he is nothing more than a bullpen arm.

Just what we would need, another bullpen arm with control problems.

:indifferent

If they screw this up I'm done watching this year. It would be really nice to get Rogers his first win in probably his last start of the year, especially considering what the bullpen has done for him the last couple starts.

I hope this lead holds up to get Mark his first win!

/lunging frantically to knock on all wood within reach/

I got this text from kalle8 after the Brewers' big inning:

I am in 230 in the middle of a bunch of cubs fans. don't know why there is now a quiet there wasn't before. some are leaving. ahhhhh

:)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Nice to see Lucroy hitting a few out, and Luc and Go Go going back to back.

Carlos Gomez has 12 HR and 23 SB in 278 AB's. That's pretty darned good, and has me excited about next season.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm also happy that Mark Rogers got his first win!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Can we sign Gomez, being a Boras client, that is the question...

Now that he is playing well, you can surely expect his price to go up, especially under that weasel Boras.

Archived