Brewer Fanatic

2012-13 Soccer Thread

Funketown
Big 3 points on the road. Couldn't stay up to midnight for this ne but sounds like a thriller at the end.

It definitely was. They cruised along pretty well with the 1-0 lead, so when Jamaica got the 89th minute equalizer, the air went fizzing out of my balloon. Thankfully the same can't be said for the players!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game on Tuesday against Panama will be a real indicator where this team is under Klinsmann. Win against Germany followed by a win in Jamaica, if the US picks up 3 points against Panama then maybe this team has gotten over a hump to find some consistency.

Game on Tuesday against Panama will be a real indicator where this team is under Klinsmann. Win against Germany followed by a win in Jamaica, if the US picks up 3 points against Panama then maybe this team has gotten over a hump to find some consistency.

They won't find consistency until their back line can play mistake free. They were really lucky to not be down 2-1 at half yesterday (also, could've easily been up 3-0 -- had our lone striker ever bothered to worry about being offsides)

They looked good, but I hate hate hate hate when they take their foot off the gas with a 1-0 lead and play middle school "kick it far and hope" soccer.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's not like soccer is hard to schedule programming for. And ESPN screws it up every time.

Solid performance from the boys tonight. To be fair, Panama was without their best striker and looked pretty toothless in attack. Took care of business though. Unlike Mexico :laughing

Great effort vs. Panama. The Bradley, Cameron center midfield played very well together. I thought Cameron was much more effective than Jermaine Jones in that spot. I also liked the Altidore, Johnson front line, it will look even better when Dempsey plays well.

I haven't seen them ping the ball like around like that in a very long time. It was fun to watch.

I haven't seen them ping the ball like around like that in a very long time. It was fun to watch.

I couldn't agree more, yoshii8. Both goals were absolute works of art.

That was the best performance I've seen from a Klinsman USMNT squad. From start to finish, they just played the beautiful game, and honestly I wouldn't have even been too upset if that performance wasn't good enough for three points -- because it was just a joy to watch.

The team-wide technical skill definitely looks to have improved recently, and I think credit has to go to the coaching staff in that regard.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It's not like soccer is hard to schedule programming for. And ESPN screws it up every time.

Solid performance from the boys tonight. To be fair, Panama was without their best striker and looked pretty toothless in attack. Took care of business though. Unlike Mexico :laughing

Wasn't their fault. The costa rica bus broke down and they started the game 30 minutes late.

Archived