Brewer Fanatic

2012-13 Soccer Thread

Funketown
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
casual fans and kids route for italian teams. hardcore fans and wise men hope for a defeat. will you cheer for the cubs winning vs the chibalotte mariners or the seoul tigers?

Who's your team?

I got to see the stadium in Siena when I was in Italy this fall. Kind of a cool setting but heard they are getting a new stadium.

this is a tv show o a local tv (popular in the north of italy) every team has its own "journaist", the AC Milan one, is Tiziano Crudeli, a clown.

at the begininning tiziano is presented with a owl (sign of bad lack)

"BOA BOA BOA" is for Boateng, the other guy insult Tiziano Crudeli for the hand foul which bore the first goal.

this is very common in italian tv.

sadly (but rather funny)

at the end he kisses the FC Internazionale "journalist" saying: "you suddenly became tall, blonde and pretty"

...and then i hear some brewerfans complaining about the grace-sutton combo...

MILWAUKEE ARE YOU WATCHING?????

edit: I suggest to try this site: http://www.zonalmarking.net/ if you want to understand the semplicity (and the complexity of football, ooops, soccer)

Who's your team?

I got to see the stadium in Siena when I was in Italy this fall. Kind of a cool setting but heard they are getting a new stadium.

Siena is the third world of soccer, the stadio (just outside the walls of the mediaeval town) is one of the worst in italy (and we have ugly and old stadiums all over the land).

Siena has got no fans, the owner is the former owner of A.S. Roma, this year tey will be relegated and i hope to see them no more, although that stadium is the one in which my team F.C. Inter won two championship.

that said, Siena and his Palio are fantastic (they have the best Basketball team in Italy too).

you should have phone me, my relatives have a "agriturismo" nearby!

Kalle8 - DANG!! Do they have a website? I'd love to check it out. We stayed at one in San G. Ya the stadium itself looked off. I was assuming it was a 2nd/3rd tier type team. I was surprised that to find out it was for a team in the Main League! I just liked how it was down in the valley like it is.

Also, I don't think you answered but who is your football/soccer team in Italy?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Inter and it was terrible. The difference in pace was huge. Now that is the difference between the third in the premier league and the third (or so) in the serie A.

That is the side which won the champions league in 2010:

Julio Cesar ( now with QPR)

Maicon (Man City)

Lucio (returned to brasil after Juventus)

Samuel (now injured)

Chivu

Cambiasso

Zanetti

Pandev (napoli)

Snejder (galatassaray)

Eto'o (anzhi)

Milito (injured)

There's no rebuilding mode for top teams in soccer, so i must admit Inter is no longer a top team.

Since Inter have been approaching a youth-oriented rebuild (from what I've read, hope that's not incorrect), I was surprised to see them sell Coutinho to Liverpool. What was your reaction to that move, and do you think it was something the club did to facilitate the player's wishes? Or was it a move the club made in its own interest?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Lets go Bayern! Looking forward to some good matchups especially psg vs barca.

That Bayern-Juve matchup is the one that jumped out to me. Should be really intense.

Really not a bad pairing to be found, though. Can't wait to watch.

I think real vs bayern will be the final, maybe i just hope so.

Malaga and Dortmund are the only stadiums i ve not been to.

Westfallen stadium will be a yellow hell, one of the most impressive humanbrick wall in the history of the game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sounds like Klinsmann has lost the locker room:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2013-03-19/jurgen-klinsmann-us-mens-soccer-coach-national-team-usa-american-world-cup-2013

None of this really surprises anyone paying attention since his hire. I will be happy if the US makes it to Brazil.

Is it Jurgen or is it the players? It seems like there's been a lot of entitled brats on that squad for years. Admittedly, I only follow the team at arm's length so I could be totally off.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Blizzard ball at the USA-Costa Rica qualification match. Denver is getting a lot of snow. Will be a big contrast to the weather conditions in Mexico City on TUE.

Edit: A hard fought 1-0 win in the Hexagonal. If you were watching the basketball, you've got to see video of the match. A bit surreal, like watching winter playground soccer, but with world-class players.

Edit: A hard fought 1-0 win in the Hexagonal. If you were watching the basketball, you've got to see video of the match. A bit surreal, like watching winter playground soccer, but with world-class players.

I missed the match, & haven't been able to find a video of it anywhere. If anyone has a link, it'd be much appreciated.

Archived