Brewer Fanatic

2012-13 Soccer Thread

Funketown
And the first Champions League Round of 16 Legs were today.

Juventus beat Celtic 3-0 in Scotland so they should advance and Paris Saint Germain beat Valencia 2-1 in Spain, so they have a pretty good shot of advancing.

Madrid and United tomorrow at 1:45 Central Time and Shakhtar Donetsk takes on Borussia Dortmund in Ukraine at the same time.

Good idea to post a reminder about tomorrow. Can't wait for Utd-Real.

Also of note: Ibrahimović was sent off w/a straight red in stoppage time in the Valencia-PSG match. PSG mid Marco Verratti saw a yellow in the first half, and per the announcers he'll miss the second leg as well. That matchup in Paris should be very interesting.

Straight reds carry a 3 game ban so he would be out the whole next round also

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your not really hooked till you watch it on your smartphone at work

Ha actually thought about doing that but won't be able to watch the whole game so thought it would be better to watch later tonight. Good thing about living in the US I doubt I'll hear any score updates!

I had that game scheduled to record and it didn't record. You suck Time Warner.

I've had that happen... not surprisingly also a TW customer. Friggin' frustrating.

It probably will be replayed tonight, though (or tomorrow)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Don't for get about Europa League today

Zenit St P'sbg v Liverpool

Sparta Prague v Chelsea

Newcastle v Met'st Kharkiv

Tottenham v Lyon

Anzhi Makhachkala v Hannover 96

Ajax v Steaua Buch't

BATE Borisov v Fenerbahce

B Leverkusen v Benfica

Dynamo Kiev v Bordeaux

Levante v Olympiakos

Napoli v Plzen

Atl Madrid v Rubin Kazan

Ok, so Europa League is the 2nd tier of clubs in europe leagues playing for a Cup?

And this would be like if during the MLB season if the Top teams from the MLB played in a tournament with teams from say Japan, Korea, Mexico, etc?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just trying to wrap my head around all this.

Ok, so Europa League is the 2nd tier of clubs in europe leagues playing for a Cup?

And this would be like if during the MLB season if the Top teams from the MLB played in a tournament with teams from say Japan, Korea, Mexico, etc?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just trying to wrap my head around all this.

ahahah, be careful! it all started like this for me with baseball...

yesterday i saw inter defeating Cluj in EL.

too bad striker Diego Milito ACL, his injury (season ending)was like the one of YO @Wrigley.

too bad Milito is my pivotal forward in my fantasy team, now in 1st place....

no, i wasn't at san siro, i tell you more, as i am now a married man i watched the game (recorded) after the semifinals of (italian) masterchef...

the game wasn't nothing to write home about but joe bastianich's mother gave us lessons to live a better life....

no, i wasn't at san siro, i tell you more, as i am now a married man i watched the game (recorded) after the semifinals of (italian) masterchef...

the game wasn't nothing to write home about but joe bastianich's mother gave us lessons to live a better life....

:laughing

Dude. You have to come back to watch more Brewers. Either that, or I need to head there to watch some Inter...

Absolutely brilliant defensive performance by Milan over Barcelona. 2-0 win for Milan, one controversial goal but the main story will be the defensive performance. Barcelona couldn't have had more than a couple chances the whole game.

Galatasaray and Schalke tie 1-1 in Istanbul.

Here's the goal Yılmaz scored today for Galatasaray:

http://i.minus.com/i4XMoUdfs8qSO.gif

You can't see it clearly, due to both the vantage point & camera movement, but he flicked the ball up over both his & the defender's heads to set up the striking chance. I love this goal.

Archived