Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-19 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Community Moderator
It was nice to have Randy in a Brewers' uniform, he was an important part of the 96-win team in 2011 with those 212 IP. Unfortunately, he has no choice but to play out the season and the Brewers are unlikely to cut him.

It's spare day here at Miller Park. Wolf wasn't bad enough, now McClendon is serving up batting practice. Yippee! But thank God some of our guys will be rested for tomorrow. Then we can start eliminating some of that 19 game deficit!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I have to disagree. This is nothing like a spring training game. In spring training you give time to young players who yolu expect will be part of your future and more experienced players fighitng for the few jobs that you are trying to fill for that season. You obviously also have to get your regulars ready for the season.

Lets count the number of guys playing today that have little or no chance to be on the Brewers team next year.

Wolf

McClendon

Morgan

Ransom

And last but not least Ishikawa

If it was indeed spring training we would be looking at guys who might be part of the future instead of retreads that are now only a grim reminder of this lost season.

There's no baseball reason to gripe about today. It's just spring training starting early. Keeping guys healthy, having a starter who will be gone take up innings. It just doesn't matter, but if I was RR I'd let the ticket office tell me which days to sit guys. They'll need as many of the casual fans as they can get to stay interested in 2013.

I really hope this team ends the season with the top 3 XBH guys in the NL, just so people will have something to remember the season by. To do that and only win 75 games (at their current pace) would be quite an accomplishment.

Ransom is pathetic. But Ron says he's been great in the field, so he'll continue to get playing time.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ransom makes Adam Dunn look like Wade Boggs.

It was raining for 5 min before the roof even started to close. So now I'm stuck here wet while watching Wolf suck.

At least you don't have a biology class to go to and the teacher asks you if it's raining outside.

/flashback to sophomore year of high school

Community Moderator

IIRC, the roof openings and closing need to be monitored by staff up on the track beam. So they probably had to hurry up there before they pressed the button.

Or maybe based on that new policy from earlier in the year, they thought it would only be a light shower and wanted to leave the roof open.

Either way, I'm sure they will be more cautious again now.

We were at the game today and it was a pretty dismal effort by the Brewers, but that said we still had fun. My 9 year old was in the "Kids Club Parade" before the game so we got to walk along the warning track, and Juan Pierre said hello to us when we walked by him. Bob Uecker said hello to us after the game when we were leaving our section, so that was pretty cool.

I liked seeing the hustle & effort by Segura in the field, he's got a strong arm too. Somebody needs to teach him how to take walks though.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived