Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-18 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Fiers), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 18 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (54-65) | Brewers (54-64)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/phillies/hamels-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/fiers-14.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]13-6, 2.91 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hamels threw a shutout Monday in Miami. He became just the third Phillies pitcher in the last 20 seasons to throw consecutive shutouts. He joined Cliff Lee, who threw three straight last season, and Cory Lidle, who threw two straight in 2004.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-5, 2.63 ERA, 1.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers is coming off a Coors Field nightmare in which he surrendered more earned runs in two-plus innings -- eight -- than he had allowed in his previous 62 innings of work, spanning nine starts and one appearance in relief.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jimmy Rollins
  2. 3B Kevin Frandsen
  3. 2B Chase Utley
  4. 1B Ryan Howard
  5. LF Domonic Brown
  6. RF Laynce Nix
  7. CF John Mayberry
  8. C Erik Kratz
  9. LHP Cole Hamels

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. CF Carlos Gomez
  7. 2B Cody Ransom
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. RHP Mike Fiers

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

No arguement there...

Which is kind of my point. When we all thought he was Superman, reality sets in. We may never see Superman Fiers again, so if we plan to go into next season with Fiers as our #2, it might be a long LONG season.

I'd feel great with him as our #5, would feel ok with him as our #4, but #2 or #3 is a pretty big stretch.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's one thing to be a bad team....it's another to be a stupid one....

We just continue to give outs away......These guys are just playing for stats now it seems......Maybe Roenicke should do some actual managing by telliing them they shouldn't be running down 3 runs?

How many times do we see somebody get picked off in front of Braun, then he gets a hit.

Roenicke seems to find a way to leave runs on the field every night. Whether it's a sac bunt by Segura with a guy on third that turns into an inning ending double play, or it's somebody getting picked before Braun gets a hit.

How does Braun not have 100 RBI already this season?

BTW Fiers did a nice job of settling in. I think he'll be fine.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

And now that Aoki pickoff looks huge, cause Brauny just jacked a 2 run bomb.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It's like clockwork. I've tried all season to get Braun on my fantasy team, and the other guy wouldn't do it. Now whenever I face this guy in our league, Braun kills me. I was up against him the night he hit three out at Petco, and now this. Braun is just killing me.

I don't really mind though. #33, equaling his MVP season. Wow.

Braun still isn't pulling the ball, which makes me think he's still playing with the injury. Still not a bad performance when you can only hit to half of the outfield.

Actually, when he's on his game, he hits the ball the opposite way a lot.

You guys, I'm starting to feel like the Brewerfan operator. I also feel like I'm missing the biggest social day of the Brewers' season. Hope the tailgate is going well; may the game be even better!

THANK YOU. I apologize for interrupting your other activities today, I feel genuinely bad about that. But if not for you, we literally wouldn't have met up with Kalle & Rosanna. You saved this thing, and I can't thank you enough.

I was looking for the BFnet tailgate today but I got to Milwaukee a little later than I had planned to. Let's hope Fiers settles in

Sorry that I didn't provide more updates in the thread devoted to it. I was communicating with the people I knew were coming via Facebook, & just forgot to add more info in the thread. We were in the second row of the Yount lot, right in front of Gantner's Gardens. If I'd been thinking straight, I would've posted that info to the thread. Sorry we missed you!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived