Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-15 Brewers (Rogers) at Rockies (Moscoso), 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; Henderson this time]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 15 | 2:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (52-63) | Rockies (43-71)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/rogers-03.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/rockies/moscoso-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-1, 4.08 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Twice in his three starts, Rogers has been in line for his first Major League win and lost it to a John Axford blown save. Rogers' last outing in Houston was impressive nonetheless, including a career-high eight strikeouts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 8.23 ERA, 1.87 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Moscoso was called up from Triple-A to start in place of lefty Drew Pomeranz, who is battling soreness in his chest. Moscoso has to break a bad habit of falling behind hitters at the Major League level to be effective.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Carlos Gomez
  3. 2B Rickie Weeks
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. LF Nyjer Morgan
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. RHP Mark Rogers

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Eric Young Jr.
  2. 1B Tyler Colvin
  3. CF Dexter Fowler
  4. LF Carlos Gonzalez
  5. C Ramon Hernandez
  6. 3B Jordan Pacheco
  7. 2B Chris Nelson
  8. SS Jonathan Herrera
  9. RHP Guillermo Moscoso

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Boy, we suck. There's just really no better way to say it. We suck.

Just saw that post, looked back at Gameday, saw the bases loaded and "in play, run(s)"...and was actually slightly relieved when it was "only" a two-RBI single. :(

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Not much more to say. Just surprised it took you thing long to get to that conclusion. We do suck.

It's not just one area any. These days most of the starters suck, the bullpen sucks, the hitting is either great or it sucks. Coming into today, they had already lost back to back series against the 2 worst teams in the NL, and are looking to be swept by one of them.

Dog days of August are here again.

I think the thing that is so depressing about this year is how quickly we went from 96 wins and 2 wins from a world series to this.

A few big injuries, the loss of Fielder, terrible bullpen performance, inconistent offense and mediocre starting pitching takes you from the highest of the highs to one of the worst teams in baseball in the blink of an eye.

Yeah, it's hard to believe that this was a team that almost went to the World Series last year. They've fallen hard and fast, and I don't even think that the loss of Fielder was the main cause. It's just been a disastrous season.

i'm assuming the brewers will have a good chance of having some top picks in next years draft. Is there any word on potential prospects?

8/15 vz rockies--> men on second and third, no outs. two runs scored. not bad not bad. keep it up. keep rogers in plz

I am legitimately curious as to what the all time record is for team blown saves in a season.

This team is kind of like the cat you love and cherish and no matter how many times it bites, scratches, or pukes on your rug every day you keep coming back to feed and pet it.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I am legitimately curious as to what the all time record is for team blown saves in a season.

This team is kind of like the cat you love and cherish and no matter how many times it bites, scratches, or pukes on your rug every day you keep coming back to feed and pet it.

I think it's more like a Golden Retriever missing a leg. It's friendly, cuddly, and does its best to please you. Just not the greatest retriever.

(Cue the Billy Madison .gifs for that silliness)

Archived