Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-13 Brewers (Fiers) at Rockies (Francis), 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-6]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 13 | 7:40 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (52-61) | Rockies (41-71)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/fiers-13.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/rockies/francis-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]6-4, 1.80 ERA, 1.01 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers threw six perfect innings on Tuesday against the Reds before giving up a hit in the seventh. He surrendered three hits and one run in eight innings, extending his streak of allowing two runs or fewer to nine starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]3-4, 6.06 ERA, 1.49 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Francis is 0-3 with a 10.80 ERA, allowing 19 hits and four home runs in 11 2/3 innings in his last three starts. He gave up an early three-run homer to LA's Matt Kemp in his last start, but pitched better before being removed due to the pitch limit.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Cody Ransom
  9. P Mike Fiers

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Eric Young, Jr.
  2. SS Jonathan Herrera
  3. CF Dexter Fowler
  4. LF Carlos Gonzalez
  5. C Wilin Rosario
  6. 1B Tyler Colvin
  7. 3B Chris Nelson
  8. 2B DJ LeMahieu
  9. LHP Jeff Francis

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Fiers seems like the type that can actually pitch at coors. Along those lines I'm very, very glad gallardo doesn't pitch in this series.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Fiers seems like the type that can actually pitch at coors. Along those lines I'm very, very glad gallardo doesn't pitch in this series.

Don't worry, Wolf pitches tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be able to duplicate Gallardo's success at Coors...

That means I have tomorrow off, I no longer watch Wolf games.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Meanwhile, Jeff Francis, who came in with a 6 ERA on the season, is looking like the second coming of Sandy Koufax against this lineup.

This team is just bad. When Braun is not right, the entire team's not right. Scary to think we might not have reached the bottom yet.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun is really struggling in August.

I wonder is it's the blister or just a slump....

If it's the blister, sit his butt down for a few days. It's not like we're in a pennant race. Get his hand healed, let him come back and tear it up, because right now he's not doing much, and the team is looking awful. I'd rather he be at 100% and the team at least play some entertaining baseball than the train wreck we're seeing on the field right now.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I got curious when Rock mentioned how Augustine 'owned' Reggie Jackson. I looked it up on BB-Reference, genuinely interested to see how well Augustine had held down Mr. October.

.302/.388/.744/1.132 in 49 PAs.

Augustine actually did 'own' one HoFer, Carl Yastrzemski (.509 OPS in 28 PAs)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived