Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Lyles), 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3. Yup.]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 12 | 1:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (51-61) | Astros (38-77)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-23.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/lyles-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]10-8, 3.79 ERA, 1.31 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]After giving up seven runs to the Nationals, Gallardo has pitched seven innings and allowed one run in each of his last two starts. Most recently, Gallardo shut down the Reds on Monday for his second straight win.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-8, 5.69 ERA, 1.49 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lyles went seven innings his last time out, allowing two runs. He had given up four or more runs in his four previous starts. Concerned with his propensity to allow big innings, he's been working on his delivery from the stretch.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Martin Maldonado
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Tyler Greene
  2. SS Marwin Gonzalez
  3. 1B Steve Pearce
  4. CF Justin Maxwell
  5. 3B Scott Moore
  6. RF Ben Francisco
  7. LF Fernando Martinez
  8. C Chris Snyder
  9. RHP Jordan Lyles

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Oh please. Aoki stole that, and his foot never came off the bag. Awful call by the ump.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ugh. Loe. Can't he throw the ball ten feet in the air? Did he have to bounce it to first?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ugh. Loe. Can't he throw the ball ten feet in the air? Did he have to bounce it to first?

I know people always say "they're not used to the throw" but I can never understand how a pitcher can't make that throw. I play softball once a week in the summer, so I'm no where near "used" to any throw, and I can probably make that throw 9.999/10 times.

I've liked what I saw this weekend of Segura's defense. Any other opinions?

[sarcasm]I agree that you like what you've seen of Segura's defense.[/sarcasm]

I think he's looked pretty good at SS; he's shown some decent range on a few plays and turned that beautiful DP pretty naturally with Weeks today.

Along with the good gap power we saw today, I think we should be pleased with how he's looked.

If he is any good we will only have him for 6-7 years.

The only thing I am worried about so far is his approach. Seems like a bit of a free swinger so far. Probably a bit early to make any judgements though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Depending on the agent it's pretty easy to buy out a FA year or 2 if the offer is made soon enough.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived