Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-10 Brewers (Rogers) at Astros (Norris), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3; Astros' first walkoff win of 2012]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm trying to figure out what's going on in Roenicke's head. Ax has been doing well setting up and Henderson is doing fine closing. So maybe that's the ticket going forward. This is the time to find out. So why are we going back to K-Rod and Ax? Even if they right the ship that's not a long-term solution. Does he think that if K-Rod pitches a clean inning someone will pick him up? Then Ueck says Henderson is coming in so I figure he'll do the right thing one time at least. But no. It's like he's a mole.

I like how Roenicke thought he could just go back to K-Rod in the 8th and Axford in the 9th again tonight, and it would magically go back to 2011.

To be fair, out of any team in the league to try it against, the Astros looked pretty ripe for the pickin

I'm trying to figure out what's going on in Roenicke's head.

They quoted him on the broadcast, something about 'These guys were good last year & did so much for this franchise... they deserve the opportunity'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Henderson looked good in the 9th.. did he pitch too many games in a row? If that's not the case, then there's no excuse for this. Stick with the hot hand. I know Ax will be here in the future... but come on. Can he have the 8th? Or other duties? MUST it be the 9th?

Henderson looked good in the 9th.. did he pitch too many games in a row? If that's not the case, then there's no excuse for this. Stick with the hot hand. I know Ax will be here in the future... but come on. Can he have the 8th? Or other duties? MUST it be the 9th?

They were off yesterday. There's no excuse. He wanted to get cute and get Axford back in the closer's role and took someone who had been effective in that role out of it to accomplish this.

If I were Braun I'd go ballistic on RR. Just stupid.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived