Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-10 Brewers (Rogers) at Astros (Norris), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3; Astros' first walkoff win of 2012]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the big deal with the bunt? They were only down two so getting a runner on base makes sense and it may be their first baseman, but it's a first baseman with an OPS under .700. It's not like it's Prince Fielder bunting for a hit.

I get the bunt strategically, but I feel like it was just 'wrong', in the fan sense. Like if we were the Cardinals there'd be an investigation after the game to restore the integrity of the game!

I dunno, just bugged me.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Heck of a start for Rogers, nice to have a reason to tune in at this point of the season.

Yup, it's been fun to watch Rogers and Fiers pitch. Hopefully Peralta will be up at the end of the month too.

What's the big deal with the bunt? They were only down two so getting a runner on base makes sense and it may be their first baseman, but it's a first baseman with an OPS under .700. It's not like it's Prince Fielder bunting for a hit.

I get the bunt strategically, but I feel like it was just 'wrong', in the fan sense. Like if we were the Cardinals there'd be an investigation after the game to restore the integrity of the game!

I dunno, just bugged me.

Same here.. same here. It's over with. Bah humbug.

Wow sending Rogers out to hit right now says a lot about the condition of the bullpen.

It also says something about the 'Stros. The last time they scored more than 4 runs was that debacle of a game where Livan, Loe and Axford tried to give them the game at the end of last month in that 8-7 Brewers win. This team is not just bad, they're epically bad. I can't remember seeing a team with more below average players. Altuve is their best player and there is no one even close.

Formerly Andersoc420

Craig Coshun just seriously said Rogers is "in line to win his first MLB game" with K-Rod coming on in relief.

Technically he is in line.

*Typing this as Que-Rod gives up a leadoff homer to Corporan.

Craig Coshun just seriously said Rogers is "in line to win his first MLB game" with K-Rod coming on in relief.

Technically he is in line.

*Typing this as Que-Rod gives up a leadoff homer to Corporan.

Well, yeah... I realized that :)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Can we please just DFA K-Rod? He is beyond putrid. Sure, Axford sucked for a while, but he's doing a respectable job of putting things back together. But K-Rod's done pretty much totally bad & nothing good since having the closer role handed to him.

Can we please just DFA K-Rod? He is beyond putrid. Sure, Axford sucked for a while, but he's doing a respectable job of putting things back together. But K-Rod's done pretty much totally bad & nothing good since having the closer role handed to him.

Axford never lost the zip on his fastball.. K-Rod has been slowly losing it. He relies on his breaking ball way more than Axford does even though Ax does need his breaking ball to be thrown for a strike to really be effective (like almost any pitcher). Axford can make a mistake with his fastball and get away with it - K-Rod can't - that's really the main point.

Archived