Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even sure if high draft picks will do it. Given how Chris Paul basically demanded his way out of New Orleans, how Wade/Bosh/LeBron orchestrated their collaboration, and how others have whined their way in and out of trades I don't know that anyone will want to stay in Milwaukee long enough to build a championship caliber team. OKC couldn't afford all four of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden so they dumped Harden for draft picks and Kevin Martin, whose contract expires at the end of the season and is unlikely to be retained since OKC already has $54M tied up in those other three plus Perkins next year. How long before Durant and Westbrook get sick of Oklahoma City and long for the glitz and glamor of living and playing in LA, Miami, or NYC?

Yes, the Clippers were a bad franchise for a long time, but they're still in LA. And they are $14M over the cap, with Griffin only making $7M this year (jumps to $13.5 next year). Memphis is $26M over the cap. San Antonio is $21M over the cap, and has the rare player in Tim Duncan that is willing to give a hometown discount.

I'm glad Daniels isn't seeing the floor right now, but what exactly does Harris need to do to get even a little playing time?

Wave a magic wand and turn himself into a guard.

Have the coach realize that Dunleavy should be playing minutes at the 2 and not just at the 3.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I believe Sanders will develop into a very nice 6th man or a defensive big man. I believe the best comparison to him would be Zach Randolph.

Do you by chance work for nbadraft.net?

Nope.

The reason why I said Zach Randolph is a good comparison as it took Randolph awhile to adjust to the league and become the player he is now. Yes he does have a better offensive game than Sanders but defensively they look rather similar. But I will say one thing it is nice to actually have someone who is good defensively like Sanders is who isn't really limited by his size.

And the Bucks finally win in Phoenix. Sanders has to be the defensive player of the year, right?

He plays in Milwaukee, he has no shot. Same way Dunleavy had no shot at 6th man last year. Heck, Sanders probably won't get most improved player even.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

And the Bucks finally win in Phoenix. Sanders has to be the defensive player of the year, right?

He plays in Milwaukee, he has no shot. Same way Dunleavy had no shot at 6th man last year. Heck, Sanders probably won't get most improved player even.

Dunleavy had no shot at the 6th man last year because James Harden and Manu Ginobili are way better than him.

the streak in Pheonix was insane. before last night i have never seen the team win in Phoenix.

I think its going to be interesting to see if Sanders is named to the all star team. I think he deserves it. He is currently 8th in the NBA on rebounds / 48 minutes and leads the league in blocks.

That being said I'm sure its going to be Ibaka or Howard again.

Dunleavy had no shot at the 6th man last year because James Harden and Manu Ginobili are way better than him.

Yes, this is true, but Dunleavy was way better than the 15th spot he finished in the voting.

Anyway, great win in Phoenix. I wish I could stand to watch the team, but I cannot stand the way their guards play at all.

Sure did their best to choke this one away but managed to hang on. I saw this is the first time all season they had 2 players score 25+ points in a game. Not even sure what to make of that.

Good trip for the Bucks though certainly.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Losing Sanders in the 3rd didn't help matters. Still, they've blown enough games in the 4th that I'm happy with anything at this point. I wonder if Kohl will let Hammonds trade Jennings? Doubtful.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

They won't trade Jennings unless they get a monster deal for him. And I'd be stunned if they let him leave. They can match any offer for him and they'll have a ton of cap space in all likelihood.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but I think thats what's likely to happen.

They won't trade Jennings unless they get a monster deal for him. And I'd be stunned if they let him leave. They can match any offer for him and they'll have a ton of cap space in all likelihood.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but I think thats what's likely to happen.

Trading Jennings would be the right thing to do but we are talking about the Bucks and Kohl here but then again Kohl did OK a trade of Allen + for Payton +. Allen was a better player at the time when they traded him away for an aging and not so great PG anymore. Yes I am still bitter with that trade.

I don't think it is likely to happen it is a guarantee that it will happen.

I will forever be bitter about the Ray Allen trade. Forever. It was a horrible, horrible trade that only made sense because him and Karl couldn't get along...so yeah, get rid of an all-star player who actually loves Milwaukee. Not only get rid of him, but get rid of him for a washed up Gary Payton that had no intentions of staying here behind the last 35 games of the season. Not to mention we had Cassell at the time too.

Trading Jennings and completely rebuilding is probably the answer...but thats been the case for 5 years now and it hasn't happened so I have no doubt that Jennings is retained, regardless of the cost.

I don't think it makes sense to trade Jennings. He's RFA after this year, so we control his rights, and has gotten at least a little better each year he has been in the league. I'm ok w/ him being a piece of the Bucks future. I'd much rather trade Monta Ellis. He'll probably out of his contract after this season and I think they'd be much improved with a bigger 2 guard, who can actually shoot from the outside. They sorely need effincient scoring.

I really think having a guy like Aaron Afflalo or J.J. Reddick, who are both said to be available, getting Monta's minutes would make the Bucks a very good team.

I agree. Ellis is the one I want to trade. Well I want to go and redo the Bogut trade but that probably cant happen. There is going to be some playoff/fringe team desperate for scoring and Ellis will fill that role. I just dont think our front office would do it

I don't think they will either, which is very frustrating. The only trades I see happening are just small ones involving little used guys like Gooden, Dalembert or Pryzbilla. The organization is too focused on the small picture, and badly want the 7th/8th seed.

Those two home playoff games might get them in the black. Yay?

I am starting to lean towards keeping Jennings around; but now he will probably go into one of his shooting slumps and I will change my mind again.

No real reason to keep Ellis around IMO. If the goal is to make the playoffs I don't think trading Ellis really hampers that effort at all. Too bad Lamb hasn't emerged yet so he can take that SG spot. Glad to see Henson and Sanders emerging and playing well; hoping for the same eventually from Harris and Lamb.

Archived