Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Screw it, I'm off.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the big win vs Miami, then go on the road and lose to Detroit. Not cool. They were totally flat the entire game tonight, finally came to life in the last 6 minutes, but it was too late.

Not surprising at all with this team. As I stated earlier this team is going to be up and down a lot.

Is Harris hurt? If not, why isn't he getting minutes?

He doesn't play defense well enough for Skiles to play him.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The Bucks are about where everyone thought they would be; a middling .500 team that might sneak into the playoffs and a gain a quick exit.

Unless the Senator is content with the above scenario year and year out than the team just needs a total rebuild; and play the young guys for gosh sakes. Let Sanders, Harris, and Lamb get some extended minutes; they are the future after all. Let Jennings and Ellis walk after this year; trade Ersan. Just tank and get the Top #5 pick that they desperately need. Fan support can't really get any worse for the Bucks if they tank anyways.

Skiles does tend to wear out his welcome and he was right on schedule for it to happen this year. Same thing happened in his previous stops.

I'm happy they finally decided to part ways w/ Skiles. Although, I'm confused on why they brought him back after hearing he cleaned out his office after last season. Typical Bucks.

After this, I'd like to see a lineup of Jennings, Lamb, Harris, Henson, Sanders w/ Udoh, Ersan, LRMAM as the core guys off the bench. I would immediately try to trade Ellis, Dalembert, Gooden, Udrih, Daniels, Pryzbilla for either draft picks, young talent or expiring deals. I would also consider keeping Mike Dunleavy Jr. the rest of this season and signing him to an extension because of the things he brings to this team both on and off the court. He seems like a very solid veteran presence, and a very good basketball player.

I really wish Kohl would sell the team.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really wish Kohl would sell the team.

I expect the vague rumors about Mark Attanasio to start heating up again, though I doubt it will happen.

oh they have started

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/01/bucks-rumors-ownership-ellis-hammond.html

I'd prefer Attanasio to buy the team, but I don't know why he would. The bucks have shown no ability to make money. I know the brewers weren't really making money when he bought the team, but they had a stadium and some elite prospects. If he buys the team, its going to be a 5 year fight to get a new arena.

The problem with selling the bucks is that no matter who buys them, the only way they are going to be profitable in the near future is to relocate them.

Hiesley has Milwaukee roots and has already owned a team, so it would be an interesting move to sell it to him if he is interested.

At this point maybe Milwaukee is better off having a new owner actually move the team. If the team actually leaves it probably makes the incentive to build a new arena even greater. Start a new expansion team and you can actually get some real high draft picks for 3+ years. That situation is probably preferable to the Bucks current situation of drafting 15th constantly, having no stars on the team, and having terrible attendance.

Having a clean slate for an NBA team would be very intrigiung; although obviously they will be awful for at least 2-3 years. If the Bucks did leave I have no idea how likely an expansion team or a relocation of another franchise to MIL would even be though. Milwaukee is a great sports town; I think there would be a fit for the NBA no matter what.

Community Moderator

Attanasio is the best chance for the Bucks to have future success in Milwaukee. There is serious potential for Bucks/Brewers collaboration. However, I think an arena deal in Milwaukee will be a prerequisite to Kohl selling. Maybe they can get some investment from Braun/Aaron Rodgers also? If that isn't enough to get support for public financing, then the situation is probably hopeless.

If the arena is built, they will be profitable and the value of the franchise will increase significantly.

Even a #7 or #8 playoff seed would bring much needed attention for two weeks. Two home games against the Heat = 2 sellouts. I hope they don't give up on this season. Are our trade pieces even worth anything?

Who's the guy from Wauwatosa that tried to buy the Mets? Maybe he could be the primary and have Attanasio as a part owner.

Obviously just throwing darts at a wall here. The guy that owns the Minnesota Wild is another option.

At this point maybe Milwaukee is better off having a new owner actually move the team. If the team actually leaves it probably makes the incentive to build a new arena even greater. Start a new expansion team and you can actually get some real high draft picks for 3+ years. That situation is probably preferable to the Bucks current situation of drafting 15th constantly, having no stars on the team, and having terrible attendance.

Having a clean slate for an NBA team would be very intrigiung; although obviously they will be awful for at least 2-3 years. If the Bucks did leave I have no idea how likely an expansion team or a relocation of another franchise to MIL would even be though. Milwaukee is a great sports town; I think there would be a fit for the NBA no matter what.

The NBA is not expanding, the owners won't allow their precious TV money to get split up even more. If the Bucks go, the NBA will probably never be back in Milwaukee.

I could see Mark A buying the team if he could get a stake in the arena, which sounds weird, but that's where the money would be, as much as in the team: In the venue. Renting to Marquette, etc.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Even a #7 or #8 playoff seed would bring much needed attention for two weeks. Two home games against the Heat = 2 sellouts. I hope they don't give up on this season.

That's exactly the kind of thinking that has held the franchise back for 20 years. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.

Looks like the Kings are moving to Seattle barring a last minute change of heart from the Maloof brothers. That takes one city off the list of potential Bucks poachers.

The NBA is not expanding, the owners won't allow their precious TV money to get split up even more. If the Bucks go, the NBA will probably never be back in Milwaukee.

Yep, if the Bucks ever move, odds are very slim Milwaukee ever gets a team back.

with the Bucks at a low franchise value and Seattle presumably taken, it sounds like the team would be an ideal contraction candidate.

No contraction would happen until the next CBA (whenever that is), and there would probably have to be two teams contracted and no willing cities to take them.

Archived