Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It sure seems less and less likely that Jennings is going to come back. Marshall would be a pretty nice option at PG; really nice passer. Someone who can really pass would make it pretty exciting to watch the big guys like Henson and Sanders.

Kendall Marshall is apparently on the trade block for the suns. I liked him coming out of North Carolina. If they aren't going to bring back Jennings, I'd like them to get a young PG to see what he can do.

About halfway through his Freshman season, Marshall won the starting PG job from incumbent Larry Drew II, prompting Drew II to transfer to UCLA mid-season. I don't think Drew II's departure was particularly amicable, so this could be a very entertaining situation with Henson, Marshall, and Larry Drew.

The Bucks have waived Gooden under the NBA's amnesty provision.

Insert hallelujah gif here

I can't believe they actually did something completely right!

Why did they do this though? They have plenty of room under the cap. What this tells me is that they are going to be giving somebody else a large stupid contract or trading for somebody with a large contract. If they didn't amnesty Gooden then they would be able to avoid the upcoming dumb move.

I can't believe they signed Drew Gooden to a 5 year contract, that is amazing. It was the deadline to amnesty players, and it will give them more flexibility at the deadline. They might bring in a big contract, but they don't have to, his contract will still count against the league minimum.

He doesn't have to sign somebody or trade for somebody but he will, he after all was the one that signed Gooden. I have so little faith in Hammond at this point that I am rooting for his bad moves as I don't think he is trying to tank but they just might be real bad due to horrible moves by the GM. As long as they don't trade their first round pick or get rid of Sanders/Henson/Giannis he can do whatever he wants this year. Bring in CV and Stuckey from the Pistons for all I care. I really do hope that he is fired after this year though so he doesn't screw up next year's draft when they could potentially land a franchise type player.

I agree, I'm absolutely shocked that he was extended last season. It's a pretty sad list of transactions since he's taken over 6 years ago. I feel like the media keeps using the bad contracts given out by Larry Harris as an excuse for the futility.

I mean, I like Zaza, Delfino and Ridnour, but what exactly does he think that's going to do for us?

John Salmons is the only reason he is still employed. And he even screwed that up evantually, Salmons lasted like 3 months in MIL after Hammond gave him that extension. If it weren't for him playing out of his mind for 2 months Hammond probably would have been fired 2 years ago. And evein in that year we didn't make it out of the first round

I can't believe they signed Drew Gooden to a 5 year contract, that is amazing. It was the deadline to amnesty players, and it will give them more flexibility at the deadline. They might bring in a big contract, but they don't have to, his contract will still count against the league minimum.

i think in general if the bucks are going to get a good FA they need to pay more and longer than say the lakers.

i think in general if the bucks are going to get a good FA they need to pay more and longer than say the lakers.

Right, which is why they should look to build through the trade market and the draft. Drew Gooden is or never was a good free agent.

Stealing this:

After 5 years filled with trades, draft picks, and FA signings (really the annual turnover of players has been ridiculous under Hammond's watch), how many of his own acquisitions did Hammond think highly enough of to extend their tenure with the Bucks past their [then] current contract?

1. LRMAM

2. John Salmons (traded a year after extension signed)

3. Gustavo Ayon

That's it. That's the list. That is horrendous.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Drew Gooden has the best agent ever.

Agreed that using the amnesty on Drew now doesn't make any sense...unless...there is quite a S&T coming where we take back expiring contracts. I'm cool with letting Hammond play with second round pick, but I get a little stressed out when he has cap room burning a hole in his pocket. This could end real poorly.

Drew Gooden has the best agent ever.

Agreed that using the amnesty on Drew now doesn't make any sense...unless...there is quite a S&T coming where we take back expiring contracts. I'm cool with letting Hammond play with second round pick, but I get a little stressed out when he has cap room burning a hole in his pocket. This could end real poorly.

There was no point not to use it. Gooden wouldn't play this year, and his salary still counts to the salary floor. So, even as a "just in case" move, it was the right thing to do.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Actually there is always the potential of needing a salary to make a trade match, something they could have done with Gooden next year when he was an expiring contract. All you have to do is look at Keith Bogans. He received $5million from the Nets this summer because they needed a salary in their trade with the Celtics. There isn't a person on the planet who thinks he deserved $5 million including Bogans.

Well, there isn't much point to pay him to leave unless we are going to use the space was my point. If the Bucks truly had a pla for that, Drew would have been gone at the start of FA.

The Senator has to burn 12 million here, I hope there is a reason other than why not

The Top #4 teams in the East for next year all strike me as teams the Bucks have absolutely no chance of beating in more than one game. So it really makes no difference if they are the #5 or the #8; its going to be anothe first round exit. Miami, Brooklyn, Chicago, Indiana, NY, and Cleveland are all vastly superior to MIL right now. Detroit, Washington, and Philadelphia should all be improved as well. Even if next year's team is somehow better I just don't see them being able to make the playoffs let alone actually win something. The East has vastly improved.

Except for the '76ers I agree with your post. I could see the Bucks being a #6, but falling all the way to #9 or #10 wouldn't be unrealistic either.

I'm sure my goggles are impacting me again, but I see some solid pieces to build around, but to me building means as young as possible an acquiring many bodies with under 5 years of service as possible.

Getting Delfino and Luke back is similar to the Brewers signing John Van Del Wal.

Archived