Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke Ridnour just got traded to Milwaukee. That means our 2 PGs will be Luke Ridnour and a guy who's ceiling is Luke Ridnour.

My goodness. They really are getting the whole band back together.

Vinny Del Negro & Joel Pryzbilla would probably re-sign, wouldn't they?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So are they "tanking" this year or not? I'm not real familiar with the NBA salary cap rules, etc., but from reading other posts here it looks like they need to have a minimum salary?

Well even if Teague ends up a Buck they still appear to be below the minimum salary so there will probably be another free agent signing or trade to acquire another player (salary) after this. As noted in a previous post they would have to pay their current players the difference if they don't hit the minimum but that would just look bad so don't see that happening. Looking at their roster it almost looks like a half a tank. They probably won't make the playoffs, maybe be in the 8-10 range, hopefully get lucky in the lottery. They are signing players but not for really long term or large amounts of cash. They will have plenty of cap space next year again if they really need it.

A team that starts Teague, Mayo, Delfino, Ersan, and Sanders is going to struggle to score 80 points a game. The greek kid might as well get thrown into the fire because that team will just be brutal. Not that it would be a bad thing but holy crap talk about no offense whatsoever.

That's a better team than last year for sure. Mayo is slightly better than Monta and Teague is light years better than Jennings.

Throw in natural progression from guys like Sanders and Henson, add in a signing like Kirilenko to mentor the Greek/push Delfino to the bench; that team could easily win 45-50.

I fully expect the Hawks to match though. 4/32 is a VERY reasonable deal for Teague.

The only way this team is lotto bound is if Jennings comes back. That would be an absolute disaster.

I don't know a whole lot about Teague but a lot of people are saying he is a better overall player than Jennings. So if you can get him for 3-4 million a year less than Jennings that seems like a pretty good deal.

With so many new players for next year it is really hard to figure out how everyone will mesh together. If I had to guess right now I would say they are a 35-40 win team but who knows. Hammond has completely gutted the guard position.

Well, we know there will be no tanking in 2013-14, at least not intentional.

I look at this team, as currenly constructed as more of a 1/2 team on offense. Larry is really going to have to improve with the ball in his hand and someone (Henson?) provide more scoring than expected. I'd assume at this point the Ersan might be the 6th-man. But since he really can't play anything but the #4, that will be an issue.

There must be another deal out there we don't know about. Since the goal seems to be the 7 or 8 seed, this squad needs another shooter.

On defense, I guess there will be improvement. I'd expect a lot more zone and combo (or junk) than we have seen in quite awhile.

Sorry in advance, this is more thinking outloud, but what is the "depth chart" even looking like right now? Assuming Teague makes it to Milwaukee and Jennings is gone.

PG: Teague / Ridnour / Ish Smith

SG: Mayo / Wolters

SF: Delfino / GreekFreak

PF: Ersan / Henson / Gooden

C: Sanders / Zaza / Udoh / Ayon

Again, what's up with all of the dang PF and C types. I feel like Hammond has no idea how to put together a freakin roster.

Ridnour is a really nice backup at PG; Wolters as the lone backup at SG is scary and I am guessing Hammond is trying to find someone there. Delfino could play backup SG as well. They do have some nice quality depth at PF and C, I just hope Henson finds enough minutes. Zaza is a nice player but I want Henson playing as much as possible. They could go really big and put Ersan at 3 and Henson at 4 but Ersan would really struggle defensivly trying to guard small forwards.

I'm sure we'll end up seeing Teague and Ridnour on the floor at the same time during the year. However, I would think they would want to sign a SG/SF as the backup at both positions are inexperienced.

With AK47, they would be fine, depth wise.

1: Teague/Ridnour/Wolters

2: Mayo/Ridnour/Delfino/Wolters

3: AK47/Delfino/Greek

4: Ersan/Henson/Udoh/Ayon

5: Sanders/Zaza/Udoh/Ayon

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The 2nd round picks are going to be very valuable especially in next years draft as teams will try to lower their cap numbers to be able to sign Lebron. Should be fairly easy for the Bucks to flip those 2nd round picks for late 1st round picks.

It'll help to move up in the draft, but late first round picks don't mean much either. It's the lotto picks that everyone wants next year. We're not going to be great, but we won't be bad enough for a top five pick.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Throw in natural progression from guys like Sanders and Henson, add in a signing like Kirilenko to mentor the Greek/push Delfino to the bench; that team could easily win 45-50.

Saying this team could "easily" win 45-50 is a serious stretch. Saying that with a lot of luck and major progression from the young guys, they could possibly win 45-50 games? Yeah. But saying 'easily'? I don't see that. Someone has to score points for them.

What did the Bucks end up giving up for Ridnour?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What did the Bucks end up giving up for Ridnour?

The immortal Szymon Szewczyk, a 2003 2nd round pick who has stayed overseas. Got Ridnour and the Lakers 2014 2nd.

Wow, seriously? Hard to keep up with all these second round picks. So Hammond has acquired 4 future second round picks, right? How many for 2014?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

from what i saw the Hawks have until 1158 tonight to match, should be interesting at this point it would be really hard to bring back Jennings if the Hawks match and Ridnour and Wolteres. Looks like Harris may be available with the Mavericks looks like they wont sign him. May be a backup option

minus using them to move up in the 2nd to get a player they like who has fallen (like they did this year) or drafting European players and stashing them not sure what they are going to do with all of these

at this point i think i am OK with not getting a PG or signing Harris to a 1 or 2 year deal. Ridnour is solid and they bucks are still going to struggle next year if they sign Jennings or not. I'd rather save the money to pay Larry Sanders. I am sure the bucks are going to panic though and give Jennings 12 million a year to save face.

Ridnour/Wolters/Ish

Mayo

Delfino/Giannis

Ersan/Henson/Udoh/Gooden

Sanders/Zaza/Ayon

Those are the 13 guys I believe we currently have. I'd think Ish, Gooden and Ayon are in suits most nights so we pretty much need 2 guys that can play the 2/3 as I don't see Giannis getting many minutes.

Depending on who those 2 guys are this team has a chance to be pretty bad, I think. Not sure what our cap situation is/how much they need to spend to get to the floor but I'd love to rescind Jennings as I don't enjoy watching him play at all and am scared if he's back on the QO he'll be motivated, push us up to like the 6/7 seed and Kohl will lose his mind even more (if that is even possible?) and give him the keys to the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

I might be crazy (I am) but the idea of Sanders-Henson starting at the 4 and 5 every night gets me excited. I think they both will score more then what people think. They also give us 2 of the better defensive big's in the game.

I don't know, I see PG/SG/SF all being worse, PF being better with Henson hopefully stepping up and center being about the same with hopefully no regress from Sanders. Mayo was their big signing but I just don't think he is that good and as much as it pains me I think Ellis is better, Mayo seemed to disappear after the all star break.

It sounds like Domonique Jones has had a pretty solid Summer League; he could perhaps be some guard depth and would obviously be cheap. I am sure there are some other PG/SG out there that can be had for cheap. I hope Hammond doesn't feel forced into bringing Jennings back because he didn't get Teague. But if Jennings were to sign the 1 year tender it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be pretty cheap and then Jennings can be unrestricted going into next year. Plus perhaps Jennings would actually be motivated to improve knowing he will be in full control of his future employment.

Archived