Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
What the hell? They take a guy that is probably a long term project while not filling their guard need at all. I am utterly confused. They don't have a choice but to bring back Ellis and/or Jennings now

[sarcasm]Don't worry Ridnour will be back on the Bucks!!![/sarcasm]

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helps put the tanking cause but we already have not one but two promising young power forwards. Makes no sense. Who is going to play guard this season exactly?

The Bucks are looking at veteran guards to fill a whole if they trade Jennings. Mo Williams is someone that comes to mind that I believe the Bucks would target to play either PG or SG. Hopefully this means they are out of the J.R. Smith and Chris Copeland talks. The Bucks could also trade Ersan for a late 1st round pick and take Hardaway Jr. Now that would be completely tanking for next year!

It also looks like Giannis Antetokounmpo will be playing for the Bucks as they have no plans to keep him over seas. http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/06/draft-updates-raptors-bucks-mavs-cavs.html

Bucks definitely went high upside in this draft which is a pleasant surprise. Don't know if Ledo or Gianni Antelope will see much time but give them a couple years and hopefully a nice pick next year and the team looks like it might have some potential. It still all depends what they do in the next month with Jennings, Ellis, and Redick

Bucks definitely went high upside in this draft which is a pleasant surprise. Don't know if Ledo or Gianni Antelope will see much time but give them a couple years and hopefully a nice pick next year and the team looks like it might have some potential. It still all depends what they do in the next month with Jennings, Ellis, and Redick

Ledo was traded to the Mavericks? for Nate Wolters.

Helps put the tanking cause but we already have not one but two promising young power forwards. Makes no sense. Who is going to play guard this season exactly?

The Bucks are looking at veteran guards to fill a whole if they trade Jennings. Mo Williams is someone that comes to mind that I believe the Bucks would target to play either PG or SG. Hopefully this means they are out of the J.R. Smith and Chris Copeland talks. The Bucks could also trade Ersan for a late 1st round pick and take Hardaway Jr. Now that would be completely tanking for next year!

It also looks like Giannis Antetokounmpo will be playing for the Bucks as they have no plans to keep him over seas. http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/06/draft-updates-raptors-bucks-mavs-cavs.html

I think it's fairly safe to say that Mo Williams will not be back with the Bucks.

Not sure what to think about the draft last night. I really like Wolters, and was hoping the Bucks would take him, but do not know enough about Giannis to make a judgment. Hopefully he ends up becoming the player some are projecting him to be.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks took best player available (in their eyes) which is what they should be doing. I like their draft.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Like the pick, but again, the complete lack of a plan going forward is glaring.

Going young is fine, I'd go buy season tickets tomorrow if they actually went young. They should've been buying up late first round picks and 2nd round picks (teams were offering to sell them off like crazy) and acquiring youthful assets.

I can't wait to see how poorly they spend money in free agency.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The Bucks are an enigma!

First they are looking to trade Jennings looks like no one wanted him and I am not all that surprised by that and now they are going to match any contract that he will receive. The Bucks are also going to be talking with the agents of Redick and Ellis. I am not sure if the Bucks even know what they are doing. It seems as though they are just trying to stand pat and do absolutely nothing. The Bucks could have traded out of their pick this year and still have gotten the player they wanted in the 20's or possibly even in the 2nd round or could have traded for him as the NBA went trade happy on draft day.

I am just about done with this team as there is no real plan at all coming from the Bucks. Their draft looked like they wanted to go into full on rebuild mode but yet now they are looking at bringing everyone back and basically being the same team as last year. The results are going to be the same and I just don't see how the Bucks are going to improve by doing what they are doing which is basically nothing. It is like the team is trying to be a contender and rebuilding all at the same time but not really committing to either. Reminds me of the mid and late 90's Brewers.

FRUSTRATING!

I kinda figured Jennings would be back all along. But if someone offers him a max contract you have to at least consider letting him leave right? Jennings is a nice player but he isn't a max contract player the same way Redd wasn't a max contract player.

I like them taking the best player available but don't have faith that they will let them develop and will trade them away like Harris and every second rounder they seem to get.

Well that's fine but in terms of the pick itself I think it was a good one.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really wish the NBA had some type of free agent loss compensation system like MLB. Make a qualifying offer and if that player leaves you get that team's first round pick, make a minimum offer and get that team's second round pick, protect top 10 picks. Would make it much easier to let Jennings/Ellis/Redick walk. The Bucks are in a bind because if they let those players walk they get nothing in return except cap space, and good luck trying to get quality free agents to come to Milwaukee.

There is plenty of compensation built into the NBA. Sign and trades happen all the time. It's one of the reasons the new CBA is so helpful for the team holding a free agent's rights (they can offer even more money, and the player can get more and get sent to another team).

Now, the Bucks front office has proven to be completely inept in their ability to deal both expiring assets or complete sign and trades over the course of their regime, so maybe that isn't the best idea.

Going back to 2009 he has consistently botched the entire process.

The Ramon Sessions thing was a complete botch. For those of you that are new here, in February of 2009 this team was very afraid they would not be able to retain Ramon in free agency because they were right up against the luxury tax line. (They were so close to that line partly because Hammond traded for RJ and Ridnour versus players with lesser contracts).

In any event, we were so sure we needed to resign Ramon that during trade deadline week, Hammond offered to New Jersey our #8 lotto pick Joe Alexander just to take out Luke Ridnour's one year and $6.5 million in remaining salary. The whole goal was to clear out that salary so we could re-sign Ramon and remain under the tax. NJ turned that deal down.

Then we hit summer and NO ONE is spending any free agency money. Why? Because they all are holding their powder for the 2010 LeBron free agency summer. So we have no major market bidders for anything. Meanwhile, D'Antoni loves Ramon and wants him to run PG for the Knicks. But the Knicks can't afford to take on ANY additional salary because they need cap space for two max FA's in 2010.

So Hammond starts talking with them about a sign and trade for Ramon and we'd get back David Lee. The Knicks can't afford Lee. They can barely afford Ramon. As part of those discussions, we would send them the expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas and Ridnour and get back their continuing contract of Jarred Jeffries, whose salary they have to unload. The extra payment for our pain? Their lagging lotto pick from the year prior, Danillo Gallinari.

The Bucks were convinced the deal was done. Lee, Gallo and Jeffries for Ramon, Thomas and Ridnour. But Walsh got cold feet as the paperwork was being put together. Hammond didn't up the ante and the deal went away. Then John let Ramon sign with the T-Wolves and didn't match it, claiming he couldn't match it since Ramon was an unrestricted free agent.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Well it looks like Jennings will be back and Ellis & Redick are almost definitely gone. Dunleavy is probably gone too. They have absolutey no one that can shoot on the team as of right now and I don't think there are any hot shooting FA's that are going to be coming to MIL either. With the lack of offense from our forwards and centers it sure seems like MIL is going to have an extremely low scoring team next year. Not a bad outcome if we want to be bad this year but you still need someone to play guard. Maybe Wolters will play SG?

Well, is you're tanking (which i don't think is their plan) does it matter who they have at guard? Could be Ish Smith, Vander Blue, Dan Gadzurich. Who cares if the purpsoe is to NOT win games?

But knowing the Bucks, I don't think it is the plan. They want to try to "compete" every year. Frankly, it's hard to balme them, since they can't afford to have an avg of 5,000 fans in the BC every night for a year or two.

I don't think the plan is to tank, but it's sure appearing like they're going to be really bad next year. Even with Jennings, they simply have no offense. They can't attract any decent free agents, so when they do fill out the roster it will all be role player types.

I'm fine with it, they can be the worst team in the NBA next season and go for Wiggins in the draft.

They probably won't come out and say it but when you have a team with a ton of needs and you take a guy in the first round that won't be ready for 2-3 years even in a best case scenario, you're more or less mailing it in at that point IMO.

If Ellis and Redick leave, I hope they explore all the sign and trade scenarios. Getting anything for either would be nice.

I saw a tweet that they are working on a sign and trade with Reddick. No mention of who they might get in return.

I just saw that Eric Bledsoe of LAC may be the target of a sign and trade with Redick. That would appear to be a nice player to get for a FA that is leaving anyways. I think Bledsoe is only signed through next year though.

Bledsoe would be nice. I heard Jerryd Bayless was another name being talked about in a sign and trade

Archived