Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that were even exploring Paul pierce as an option shows how poorly this franchise is approaching this off season. Hammond is terrible.

I wouldn't mind having Paul Pierce on the team if it meant the Bucks went young at SG and PG but that is probably not going to happen.

I got the other hyphenated guy, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, but he seems to be rising according to mocks and may not be available. (On a side note, what happens when someone with a hyphenated last name marries or has a child with someone else who has a hyphenated last name?) Larkin would be a good choice if Pope is gone. Bullock, if he can stick at SG, intrigues me - he has improved his shooting % every year and shot 43% from 3 last year. Sleeper pick is Erick Green, but some have him available in the second round when the Bucks pick; if he is that would be great. Like Southerland in the 2nd if Green isn't there, also like Michael Snaer - supposedly a very good defender, and also a decent 3-point shooter. While the Bucks have plenty of tall men, they aren't physically strong and get pushed around, thus the 6'9", 255, Alex Oriakhi wouldn't be a bad 2nd round pick.

I would like to get a 2nd pick in the 1st round and possibly take Tim Hardaway Jr in the late 1st round or early 2nd round. While Hardaway isn't the greatest scoring or defensive SG in the draft he sure is physical enough to play at SG. He is listed at 6-6 and he is rather athletic. I would put his defense at SG as being average to below average but I believe he can improve. He can get to the basket rather well all he needs to do is learn how to shoot from long distance. I would be willing to bet on him improving as he works hard to improve his game. Definitely don't want to see the Bucks taking him where they currently sit but if they can get a 2nd 1st round pick in the 20's I would definitely be interested in taking him there or in the early 2nd round.

It's not that pierce is a horrible player, it's that the bucks would be giving up assets to get him (cavs are rumored to be offering to early second round picks).

The bucks shouldn't be giving up anything for guys like pierce, we're almost certain to suck next year, getting pierce so we can win a few games more and decrease our lottery chances is the type of move that has hurt this franchise for a decade now. They need to draft and play young guys, lick their wounds for a year or two and hope for lottery luck. Especially next year with a loaded draft class.

McCollum is undersized for a shooting guard - he's not a PG. He also put up his numbers in the Patriot League, and missed the second half of this past season with an injury. Erick Green is about the same size (maybe slightly taller), has a much better assist:turnover ratio, and put up his numbers in the ACC. I'd rather have Green than McCollum. McCollum is the one guy I don't want in the first round.

Franklin shot 28% from 3 this year, and 32.5% the year before. Not my idea of a good shooting guard.

They could have upwards of 26 million in cap space if they amnestied gooden and renounced the rights to all of their free agents.

All I can think is, "How is Hammond going to screw this up?"

What a great time to be a Bucks fan.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

We need to sign some one yet to fill the Richard Jefferson, Drew Gooden, John Salmons role of overpaid veteran who will be benched or traded within 6 months of signing. It some sort of unwritten rule.

I don't have any doubts Jennings will be back on a max deal. I think Redick just simply doesn't want to be back. Ellis I am not sure on but my gut tells me he will be somewhere else. So that leaves the SG spot to sign or trade for an overpaid over the hill veteran. Maybe we can get Grant Hill to come out of retirement.

I really like James Franklin, the SG from SDSU, he has star potential written all over him

No one in this draft has star potential written all over them. Much less a guy like Franklin.

His name is Jamaal Franklin, but yes I agree, I think he's going to be a good one.

I still like Larkin...undersized maybe, but he's a freak athlete (44 inch vertical), great passer and all the scouts have stated that he's a great team first player, which just isn't found much in the NBA. I can see him really putting guys like Sanders in position to score, which is something he just really can't do on his own.

But this is Hammond so he'll probably draft yet another big man that we don't need and then waste a bunch of our cap space on an overpriced veteran that can help us compete for 34 wins.

Caldwell-Pope would be my guy, but I really doubt he'll be there. I'm fine with Larkin, mostly because there's a limited down-side. That is, worst case, he can certainly be a back-up PG in the NBA. Ceiling isn't real high, but he could be an ok starting PG. (I'm picturing his current NBA comp, just not coming up with his name!)

I would even be ok with Muhammed. That deep in a poor draft year, I would be ok taking a flyer on pure talent. Obviously, the Bucks have been doing homework, talking to him, probably a PI involved hired by the NBA, etc. So they would/should know more about his character than we do.

Bottom line, I want either a real safe pick like LArkin, or gamble on someone with huge upside. No middle of the road guy that has a low floor and limited ceiling.

I also would be pretty happy with either of those guys; I just think its pretty slim that either of them will be there.

NBA Draft Express has us taking Muhammed in the 1st and Colton Iverson in the 2nd. The thing that scares my about Mohammed is that his dad is all kind of nuts and probably wouldn't like his son playing in Milwaukee. I could see him throwing a fit if he gets drafted by someone like MIL.

Rumored to be interested in JR Smith, along with several other teams. This is the exact type of signing we need to avoid. High priced, medium talent shooter. Hammond and Kohl are just simply not smart enough to realize that having one terrible year or maybe even two will really be worth it in the long run.

latest from Chad ford is that the bucks are looking at Larkin, Schroeder or Glen Rice Jr, with Rice getting a 2nd workout today. if those are the 3, i want Schroeder.

If the Bucks draft Schroeder I will be watching the Brewers game with the audio stream selected WTMJ or stadium sound selected on MLB.TV.

Jennings to be traded?

This smells like something Dallas would be interested in. I know there was talks of Jennings to the Mavericks around the trade deadline and a little bit before. I am not sure that getting the Mavericks pick would be what the Bucks are looking for but I would take that pick for Jennings.

Archived