Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks hire Drew. Let the mediocrity continue. C'mon 8 seed...

Just laughable.

The mediocrity would have continued no matter who they hired. At least Drew sucks. Maybe he'll coach them out of the 8 seed.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

my problem with the hire is there isn't a single coach hire this season that i wouldn't have taken over drew. was he a decent coach in atlanta? yes. but he screams trying to get an 8th seed. not sure if sampson would have been much better though. i would have wished boudenholzer or malone was an stronger candidate.

Fair point. I do like that Drew has done it before. When the Bucks went with first time guys before it didn't go so well, so I did favor Drew a bit

Maybe it didn't go so well because the guys doing the hiring weren't good at talent evaluation.

I think the Bucks problem is systemic and no coach is going to save the franchise. That's just not how it works. Until things change from the top it's going to be 8th seed or bust.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Kohl was pretty adamant that there wont be a total rebuild so it is probably going to take a miracle to get out the NBA wasteland of 7-10 seeds

The sad thing is they actually might be a 7 or 8 seed next season if they had never traded their draft picks. Jennings, Sanders, Harris, Henson, Lamb, Moute, Ilyasova is a decent core. Throw in the fact that they could/would have taken Klay Thompson instead of trading down for Jackson and you might be talking about a 4 or 5 seed. All speculation of course but I think they would be at LEAST as good as the team this season and have a much brighter future.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kohl was pretty adamant that there wont be a total rebuild so it is probably going to take a miracle to get out the NBA wasteland of 7-10 seeds

this the problem with the team. they traded away Harris to make the 8th spot. Honestly the only 2 players i would call untouchable is henson and sanders. most real bucks fan would be fine with a full rebuild. I may even go to more games a year if they did that. I am not the typical bucks fan though.

The worst part is they traded Harris away to get the 8th spot when they basically already had it sealed anyways. They weren't beating Miami so there was no reason to make a "win now" move when it wasn't going to advance them in the playoffs and their spot was basically locked up.

well the thought was to move out of the 8th but that didn't happen. i agree with it was a dumb trade and didn't turn out the way they wanted. i though thought kohl and hammond though getting reddick would get them to the 7th seed atleast.

They keep offering money to Ellis and I dont get it. He isnt good. He is inefficient, a ball-hog, and even when his shots are not falling he just keeps shooting. I would be happy with a team that doesnt have Ellis or Jennings next year. I would be bad but I dont see either one of those guys as centerpieces for the team going forward

anyone else hear ersan to the wizards for #3. personally i like ersan and think he is a player you can build around. i think making that trade to draft an otto porter is stupid. This draft is weak but I would consider it if it meant taking burke at #3. then we could let jennings walk and hopefully ellis too, sign reddick and you have a back court.

of course this would never happen because any pre-draft rumors rarely become trades. not sure why the wizards would do it anyway.

I don't have much interest at all in bringing Redick back at the numbers that are being tossed around. My guess right now is that Jennings will be the only one of the three guards brought back. I just can't see them letting all three walk. I'd have a tough time believing that Ersan would net the 3 overall pick, but I'd take that in a heartbeat if Washington offered.

Ersan is a nice piece, but he is what he is.... a role player, and maybe the 3rd best guy on a solid team. You can't build around him, you add him to complete your title run. If they can get #3 for him, they'd better do it.

If this draft is weak, picks are cheap. Go for it, and go for a top 5 pick next year. That's my hopeful scenario.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Ersan for the #3 pick actually seems pretty fair. Ersan would be a lock to produce for WAS which is more than can be said for basically every player in the draft. And even in a weak draft having the #3 pick is appealling when clearly the Bucks are no where near contending. The problem is the guard position is really weak in this draft and our roster is already too forward heavy. #3 is too high for Trey Burke.

If we got the #3 pick and still kept the #15 pick...I think I'd go with somone like Oladipo with #3 and then maybe someone like Larkin with pick #15.

Ersan is what he is, but if we're serious about Henson and Sanders, Ersan is taking minutes away from them anyways.

Archived