Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expected the Bucks to get blown out even more than they did.

They lost by 23pts. How much more did you expect them to get blown out by? It's not like the Heat are playing Orlando in the first round.

Instead of humbly choosing to rebuild one of these years, Hammond and Co. decide every year that extended low level humiliation is a safer alternative. It's not. Time to bite the bullet. Every year (and I'm guilty of this as well) fans get excited for the new amalgamation of retreads with just enough star power to sell the illusion that maybe this year they have caught lightening in a bottle. It just doesn't seem to work. They have proven they can draft at a respectable rate under Hammond (Henson, Harris, Sanders, Jennings). If they can keep these cheap key pieces and actually pick in the top 10 one of these years maybe getting someone who is a difference maker they have something to build on. You need at least one super star on your team in this league to have a chance. They have zero. Until they do they are going to be mired in mediocrity.

I am just hoping for a miracle and some dumb team or teams offer huge contracts to two of Jennings, Ellis, and Redick and kind of force our rebuild on us. But then again Hammond will probably match some stupid max contract to Jennings or Ellis and we will be screwed again for the foreseeable future. I have to imagine if we lose two of those three guys that we will be really bad next year; the 2014 draft class is looking pretty deep right now. So even if we aren't the worst team in the league we could get some real nice talent in the Top #10

In order for the Bucks to build with younger players they really need to fire Hammond however the chances of that are pretty close to zero with the contract extension he recently signed. He has to somehow justify the trade he made to ownership and is going to sign one or more of his free agents to dumb contracts.

Tickets for tonight's game are going for as low as $3 on stubhub. $12 for lower level. LOL. Bucks fans must be really pumped up.

$3 to see Lebron and DWade?? Awesome!!!! Oh wait. To see the Bucks get pummeled? Eh, that would be worth it too.

you guys are being too negative. all we need is the addition of a solid, veteran presence to turn this team right around.

Best place to start is a new owner, followed by new GM, and new coach. But, seeing that two of the three ain't gonna happen.....good luck.

I was not a blow it up guy, I might be now. I do not want them to move; would miss the suffering.

I've said for a while that new ownership has to happen before any progress is made. Kohl is accepting of mediocrity, as long as he makes money. Because of that, I gave up on the Bucks years ago.

So was that trade even remotely worth it in hindsight? They could have lost by 10+ 4 games in a row to the Heat without Redick.

I will pay attention to this offseason just out of morbid curiousity. But if Hammond/Kohl do the same thing all over again (I.E. giving there own mediocre players huge contracts) than I might just be done. It seems pretty unlikely at this stage that the team gets blown up. I am thinking Ellis is gone for sure and there have been signs that Redick isn't all that interested in staying either. If that happens Hammond is going to be bend over backwards to keep Jennings on team regardless of the cost.

I want to be done. I just as easily could hop on the Golden State band wagon out here. They accept band wagon fans with open arms out here. However, for some reason growing up in MKE I cannot find myself ever rooting for another NBA team.

I want them to be good. In order to do that they need to hire a new GM who has more control and unconventional thinking. I agree that they need a new owner but I fear if that happens they are gone to Seattle. I hope the approach next year is rebuild through the draft and keep some core pieces in place without overpaying as they have no superstars. Then, after a year or two of being one of the worst teams in the NBA hopefully they luck out and get a star out of the draft and build around him. I think in today's NBA you need at least 2 superstars though and that will take patience from the fans as those guys don't just sign FA contracts with other teams. They are found through the draft and some miserable years of basketball.

I wonder if it really is realistic at all that they could go to Seattle now that they lost out on the Kings? Kohl has always seemed pretty genuine in his desire to keep the team in MIL. But at the same time a new arena looks like a virtually impossible task at the moment.

I hope not, I'd be very sad to see the Bucks leave Milwaukee. I really hope that someone steps up like Attanasio did w/ the Brewers and turns around this franchise. The way it's being run right now, from the in game entertainment to the roster management, is a complete joke. If things don't start to change in the near future, I have a feeling that they will be gone.

If Kohl sells before an arena is built, the team is gone. Period.

Maybe the Seattle threat will make the city get it's act together and get an arena built (maybe, they use a more creative solution, like: Hey, since we paid for 50% of this arena, .5 % of all ticket sales will go back to the city until the 'loan' is paid off)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The two names being linked are Stan Van Gundy and Kelvin Sampson. Both are good options which probably means the Bucks won't hire either. Herb won't let us have nice things.

Archived