Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, anyone actually gonna head to the BMOHBC for a game or 2 against Miami?

I will be going to the first and if they are at least playing decent I will go to the second but if it looks like a sweep I don't want to be there with all of the "Miami Heat" fans. Hopefully there are some Bucks fans at the game I go to.

de·ni·al - a (1) : refusal to admit the truth or reality (as of a statement or charge) (2) : assertion that an allegation is false

What else does he have to do? It's not just one game, he's consistently proving that he's talented and still young. I don't understand how the Bucks front office could have the foresight to draft someone of his caliber but not the same foresight when running the franchise. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Probably not because I doubt the Mavs want Jennings on a max deal.

Well there is the wild card Cuban. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something they would do. I know the Mavericks were interested in Jennings and were willing to give up their 1st round pick this year for him. I would assume they would have then offered Jennings a max contract after acquiring him in the off season.

Is he really so bad that it is worth swapping Jennings, a mid first, for another mid first? Won't we end asking the same questions out of whatever late pick we get for him?

Seems pointless just to have two first round picks in one year since basketball isn't a quantity game.

Is he really so bad that it is worth swapping Jennings, a mid first, for another mid first? Won't we end asking the same questions out of whatever late pick we get for him?

Seems pointless just to have two first round picks in one year since basketball isn't a quantity game.

No, it's a quality game. The worst thing you can do is sign mediocre veterans to "League average" deals. The value in the NBA is in superstars and young talent. You then use cap space to fill holes once you have one of those two things. Right now, the Bucks basically have neither of those things.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The Bucks have been so unbelievably bad recently. Congrats you are going to make the playoffs being 4 games under .500. Cause for celebration. I will be shocked if they win a game. I know they have had some injuries but they are losing to Charlotte and Orlando for goodness sakes.

Do you think they will manage to sell out either of the home games?

The Bucks have been so unbelievably bad recently. Congrats you are going to make the playoffs being 4 games under .500. Cause for celebration. I will be shocked if they win a game. I know they have had some injuries but they are losing to Charlotte and Orlando for goodness sakes.

Do you think they will manage to sell out either of the home games?

The Bucks have gone 13-23 since the beginning of February. The fact that they still made the playoffs and clinched a playoff berth several games ago speaks volumes about how bad the Eastern Conference is, how much disparity there is in the league overall (there are 12 teams with worse records than Milwaukee) and how difficult it will be for the Bucks to be bad enough to get high draft picks to build through the draft.

They've had more than "some" injuries. Jennings and Sanders have missed the last two and most of the Orlando game, and Ilyasova missed the Orlando game - that's 3 of their 4 best players. Their best defensive forward, LRMAM, played only 7 minutes against Orlando, and Dalembert has missed the last 6 and 8 of the last 9.

I'd like to go to one of the games, but the tickets are too damn expensive. Does the NBA control ticket prices for playoff games?

There were $11 seats for the upper deck. Lower bowl seats are expensive for almost any marquee game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Not much. They are only on one of the top 20 most used lineups this season (And only 35 minutes for that lineup).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2013/lineups/

Henson has hardly played, his 783 minutes are 9th most on the team (Redick is about to pass him), and barely ahead of Sammy Dalembert.

Henson has looked good, and we're a mediocre team and he still can't get on the floor? Other than Jennings, I can't remember a rookie we picked that got to play even 10-12 minutes a game as a rookie. Drafting guys in the first round and then letting them ride the pine when you suck as a team. Makes sense to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not bad for a guy that some thought would get tossed around like a rag doll.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Like Harris, Henson's big games have come against bad opponents or opponents who are without or holding out their star players. Yes he put up big numbers against OKC, but OKC held out Durant and Perkins and Ibaka only played 8 minutes. Henson was matched up mostly against Perry Jones, another rookie drafted after Henson who has only seen action in 38 games this year.

Yes, Henson has some skills, but he still needs to get stronger or he will get tossed around. Against Denver McGee and Koufos combined for 12 offensive rebounds, McGee had more offensive rebounds than Henson had defensive rebounds, and Faried didn't even play.

Archived