Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People here don't realize how bad he is defensively Harris is. Best case scenario he is a Corey Maggette type player. While not bad, that's not a guy I am getting worked up on losing.

So you haven't watched him.

I have. I am curious to wonder who people think we just lost? The reaction like we just lost the 2nd coming of Paul Pierce or something is really odd.

He's 20 years old. Had he stayed in college, he'd be a top 5 pick this year. We lost someone pretty darn good. 20 year olds don't average 15 and 8. They just don't.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I have. I am curious to wonder who people think we just lost? The reaction like we just lost the 2nd coming of Paul Pierce or something is really odd.

He's 20 years old. Had he stayed in college, he'd be a top 5 pick this year. We lost someone pretty darn good. 20 year olds don't average 15 and 8. They just don't.

Impressive, but I'm sure that the list of guys who have logged the shot attempts and minutes per game at that age to match Harris' numbers post trade is almost as short. This deal could obviously look bad in a few years, but I'm not going to believe the sky is falling until I see that Harris sustains and improves from this point on a legit NBA team from the start of the season. Harris certainly isn't leading the Magic to any wins.

As for the Bucks, they look horrible. Truly backing into the playoffs. Boston has been trying to gift them the 7 seed too. I'd be shocked if they win one game against the Heat the way they are playing.

There is absolutely no proof he would be a Top 5 pick this year. He is also taking a ton of shots for a 20 year old. Oh and he can't play any defense.

Maybe if you keep saying it it will eventually be true.

There is absolutely no proof he would be a Top 5 pick this year. He is also taking a ton of shots for a 20 year old. Oh and he can't play any defense.

Maybe if you keep saying it it will eventually be true.

Considering it's been true the whole time, must of worked.

Btw, Harris is currently ranked 154th in PER this year. 160th in Wins Added and 163rd in Value added.

His last 3 games he is shooting 21-71 (29.5%) and a god awful 2-17 from Three point range. While playing terrible defense.

NBA Guru ‏@NBAGuru

Tobias Harris has done about a good a job containing LeBron as anyone lately. Not allowing him into paint or giving up anything easy. Retweeted by Orlando Magic Daily

Just one tweet on Harris' awful defense.

It probably had nothing to do with the fact that the Heat were playing the Magic. I bet LeBron was doing absolutely everything he could that game. Oh how did that game end for LeBron?

9-16 from the floor. 24 points. 16 in the 2nd half. 16 of those points in the paint. LeBron was +25 for the game and lead all players, meanwhile Harris was -19 on the game.

Orlando Magic‏@Orlando_Magic27 Feb

Magic Head Coach Jacque Vaughn: "@Tobias31 has been very aggressive for us and picked up our defense pretty well so far." #WeWill

JimmyRay‏@cityrocksEYBL4 Mar

@tobias31 Played outstanding defense for 31 minutes. Scored 15 Pts on 6-9 shooting, but the best moment was the big O rebound w 10 secs left

TN Sports Radio‏@TNSportsRadio13 Mar

Former Vol Tobias Harris with great defense vs Dwight Howard: (Read more...) http://goo.gl/fb/YWDU2 #VOLS #blog

Alex Berlioz‏@Magic4thQuarter1 Apr

Tobias Harris is handing out tickets to the block party. Racking up 11 boards and 3 blocks while keying the #Magic defense.

But yeah, he can't play defense. I think that myth comes from Skiles not playing him. Skiles = defensive coach, if Skiles isn't playing Harris that means he must not be able to play defense. Of course Skiles played Gooden over Larry Sanders last year, so we know that isn't true, it just makes for an easy talking point.

The magic would not have a problem getting a 4-7 pick if they offered Harris. He is a stud and future star no doubt. I can't imagine gm's taking guys like Porter, Bennett, Zeller or whoever else over Harris. Harris is cheaper as well and depending on the player also younger.

"I'm not even watching the game, but I'm gonna troll the bucks thread because I can."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

He was going off when Sanders was still in the game. Jennings has been a detriment to the Bucks lately so him being out isn't a big loss and it's not like he would be guarding Harris anyways.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I hope Harris turns into a perennial all star. The bile spewing posts on Real GM will be classic.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Harris again going off on a bad team. No Jennings, No Ersan, No Sanders. Not to impressive.

No Dalembert, and LRMAM - the Bucks best defender not named Sanders, who would have been guarding Harris - played six minutes.

Come on, John Henson went for 17 points, 25 rebounds, and 7 blocks (since 1985-86 how many times has that happened?), but he isn't the second coming of Nate Thurmond.

30 points and 19 rebounds is pretty good and not too many Bucks have shown the ability to make a shot at the end if regulation like Harris did.

Not too many Bucks have had the luxury of being guarded by Marquis Daniels in the closing seconds trying to make a shot at the end of regulation.

Archived