Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe

i'm against giving up picks at all. i know the draft is a little on the weak side, but the bucks need to grow by using the draft since stars aren't coming here in free agency. i think if the bucks get Reddick and Smith, they may become a 6 seed, so what.

If that is all the possibilities we have, i'd rather see them let ellis walk and match whatever Jennings gets.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying I WANT to trade for and resign Smith, but they could if they wanted. I'm against any trades that involve any of our first round picks. We aren't going anywhere this year even with the trades.

If we can trade Ellis straight up for Smith and thats the only trade we do, that I'm fine with. Either one would be gone after this year and Smith would be better than Ellis for this years team. I'm also fine trading for Reddick, but not with our first round picks. That's just dumb.

i'm for smith for ellis. i think it makes the team better this season and neither player would resign here anyway. I am also for a reasonable Jennings trade if they take Gooden with him.

I agree On Reddick, if they want to increase their shot of making the playoffs and acquire Reddick, thats fine. I just don't like giving up a 1 or Mbah Moute.

I guess I don't see why Reddick's name comes up so much. I get that he's high on the 'efficiency' stats, but I see a very streaky shooter. I don't get all the man love for Eric Bledsoe on the Bucks boards either, I've watched a handful of Clippers games this year and have been less than impressed, he looks like a taller Speedy Claxton to me.... maybe I watched him in his bad games or something.

Though I'm not a huge fan of adding Smith, I'd rather try to do a deal for him and get Kyle Korver as well than give up anything meaningful for Reddick. I doubt that Atlanta would do that deal though.

So the new rumor is that the Bucks really want Smith, but Smith apparently stated that HE wants to play with Jennings and Ellis. So I don't really know how the Bucks could make that work. Ellis was the main piece going back to the Hawks in the first place. If it did happen, we might actually be solid the rest of the year but all 3 of them would be FA's and at best we'd resign one of them probably.

http://fansided.com/2013/02/20/nba-trade-rumors-milwaukee-bucks-trying-to-acquire-josh-smith/

I don't see how that would be possible unless some draft picks were included. Unless you could resign both Smith and Jennings I wouldn't be comfortable with trading 1st round draft picks to get Smith. I don't have a clue on the NBA salary cap so I have no idea if that is even possible. Resigning Smith who would be unrestricted seems awfully unlikely when he could get some big offers from bigger markets. I think a Smith trade still seems pretty unlikely

You still have a glut of forwards if you get Smith so I have to imagine someone would get shipped to ATL. Henson, Harris, Luc Richard would all be possibilties.

We'd be able to give Smith more money than anyone else so we could maybe resign him. And if we get rid of Gooden (amnesty!!), we'd have money for him and Jennings. You can almost afford 3 max contracts on one roster (see Miami). I don't think that would be very wise, as neither is worth a max contract, especially Jennings....but it could happen. If we give up first round picks and they both leave, we better win the title this year, as we'll be horrible for a long time, with no draft picks to help the cause.

They shouldn't be doing anything for this year regardless. If the last two nights are any indication, this season is a lost cause. Last night they let NJ hit a 3 to tie it with 1 second left, then lost in OT. Tonight they hold a 8-9 point lead to start the 4th and then promptly go 2-16 in the 4th quarter so far and are down 6 with 3 min left. Not how you want to start your playoff push after the AS break (barring a comeback here).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Latest rumor is Ellis and Udoh for Smith and Devin Harris. Although ESPN is saying Ellis is not included in any Smith talks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is Devin Harris still useful or is that just a throw in?

I do wonder if the two losses out of the break have changed the strategy at all; they are no under .500. At this point it really only makes sense to trade unless you can get someone you can control beyond this year. I guess it depends on how confident Hammond would be in resigning Smith. Jennings, Smith, Ersan, Sanders, and competent SG wouldn't be a bad team going forward but I still wouldn't considerate anywhere near Champioship calibur unless they find someway to get a stud SG. I don't think Redick fits that bill.

Man, I'm having a hard time being optimistic about this trade deadline. I really don't want us to trade for vets that are set to become UFA's. I hope they surprise us all and go after a long term SG like Jeremy Lamb, and trade all of our vets on the last year of there deals, especially Monta.

This is the latest I found...

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Hawks, Bucks seriously talking on Josh Smith deal, sources tell Y! Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh among players discussed for Smith, Devin Harris

Also then says in the article that we'd make a run at Reddick. I'm not sure why we want Harris? In case we don't get another guard? Harris is ok, be cool to have him here but I don't know why we'd want him? He would be a FA at the end of the year, so I guess it's not a big deal really.

This is utterly disappointing. So now we have Jennings, Ellis and Redick, but no Josh Smith. ***. And we give up on Harris before ever really giving him a chance to play. Glad we used a first rounder on him.

According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, J.J. Redick is being dealt to Milwaukee. Yahoo Sports reports the Magic receive Doron Lamb, Beno Udrih and Tobias Harris

Where is Redick actually going to play with Jennings and Ellis still here? Also disappointed with Harris and Lamb. I guess if Hammond feels he isn't going to develop that he might as well get something for him while he can. Harris now joins Yi & Alexander as recent 1st round picks who didn't even last 2 seasons with the Bucks. Not good that we have recognized failed picks so much and cut losses.

They got Redick for some spare parts this year so the team going forward should be better; just not sure how the playing time is going to work.

Was looking forward to seeing Harris and Lamb playing here for years to come so not a fan of the trade. We also get another power forward coming our way which we can never have enough of. It just seems this trade doesn't make sense now that Ellis is still around, would like it much more if they somehow got Smith for Ellis.

It sure seems that they are going to have a lot of holes to fill next year. They have virtually no guards signed beyond this year. Hammond giving up on Lamb and Harris so quickly for a short term improvement in Redick that likely won't get MIL out of the 1st round anyways seems rather shortsighted.

Why trade the two young guys? Even if we resign Redick, this doesn't help much. I had read numerous times we only wanted Redick if we got Smith. Now I'm seeing that we had a deal in place for Smith but Atlanta may have pulled out at the last second.

This is just a horrible move. Harris is only 20, how can he be a bust already? He's barely gotten a chance to play. On top of that, how can all 3 of those guards get enough minutes and enough shots to be happy? This only made sense if they had traded Ellis to the Hawks at the same time.

Was Hammond really dumb enough to pull the trigger to get Redick and then get hosed by the Hawks? Better question is how the %@#$@$ does he still have a job?

Archived