Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe

I wonder if the 4 game losing streak is going to affect the way Hammond handles the upcoming trade deadline. Right now they are the #8 seed; if that is all you can hope for you might as well just trade some guys because being the #8 seed is basically a death wish.

Bucks have plenty of trading chips if they want to go that route; but I have a sneaky suspicion that it is going to be status quo. They are going to hope that they go on a run so the can get a 6/7 and play New York/Indiana/Chicago in the 1st round and maybe luck into a series win

It really doesn't pay to try to tank anymore; there are some truly awful teams that MIL has no chance of catching. They are either a low level lottery team or a fringe playoff team at this point; might as well just go for the playoffs.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be a very interesting trade deadline. I'd be thrilled to see them acquire some young guys and draft picks for anybody besides Henson, Sanders and Tobias Harris. However, if they don't do any deals, or trade youth for veteran's I'll be very dissapointed.

So be it then. At one point, he claimed to "love" Milwaukee. He also claimed that he was more or less happy that Skiles was gone. This is what has become of the NBA, sure we don't know what happens behind closed doors, but essentiall you get a guy that is really just an average player throwing his weight around (and right before the trade deadline) trying to force his way out of small market.

The Mavericks have virtually nothing the Bucks should be trying to get if they are serious about trading him.

I don't know why he would be happy Skiles was gone. Skiles let him do whatever the hell he wanted. Sanders miss a defensive rotation? Yanked and on the bench for the next 5 games. Jennings play matador defense all game and shoot 2-18? 40 minutes tonight and for the next 5 games.

No, but the Mavericks can take something from the Bucks that would provide value - Drew Gooden and his contract. And there could always be a 3rd team involved.

Jennings + Gooden to Mavericks for Mavericks 2013 1st round pick (right now #11) plus a good young guard and/or 1st round pick from a 3rd team (Mavericks send veteran player/s like Carter/Kaman/Marion/Brand to 3rd team).

With three first round picks and lots of salary cap room, the Bucks could try to get a potential lottery pick from a team that needs to dump salary (like Toronto) or wants to get out from a bad contract (like New Orleans and Eric Gordon or Charlotte and Tyrus Thomas or Sacramento and take your pick of Salmons/Thornton). You have to give up a lot (like Dwight Howard) to get a future unprotected pick, but if the Bucks can take some salary and provide first round picks they might be able to trade up to a high lottery pick and get quality or just trade for a good young guard under contract (just to be specific, Eric Gordon falls under the former not the latter).

I don't see the bucks trading Jennings before the 21st. This happens every season, players that are going into restricted free agency trying to force a trade because they team they play for can match any offer. Unless its a max deal, the bucks are matching, so i don't see the point. I still thing Ellis could go. I'd love for them to trade Dalenbert as well. I know Ersan's name is floating around but i don't see the point in trading him after just extending him.

I highly doubt Ellis is going to exercise that option next year; I think he is good as gone. But you probably wouldn't get squat for him either so you might as well just stick it out and hope for a lucky run in the playoffs.

If someone else wants to give Brandon Jennings a max deal this offseason then I think Hammond has to just let him go. Jennings isn't a star worthy of that kind of deal. The team might struggle having to replace both Jennings and Ellis; but it would probably be worth it in the long run

This team could keep either Ellis or Jennings, but it doesn't seem logical to do both. I like Ellis, Ersan and Larry as a place to build from.

The way the east is shaping up, keeping either Ellis or BJ should still give the Bucks the #8 seed...if that matters.

The problem is an awful lot of money doesn't really do anything for them. Players aren't flocking to Milwaukee. If they can't hit a home run draft, they are fairly well up the creek. The Maggettes and Goodens and money chasers of the league will be happy to come cash Kohl's checks, but those guys bring you to mediocrity at best. I'm not a huge proponent of the tank it till ya make it philosophy, but you've really got to hit the jackpot on lower draft picks (Granger, etc.) and hit a superstar in the draft to make it. Superstars are not in every draft.

I was hoping that Jennings would bring some "appeal" to the Bucks. He's a young guy that's fun to play with, but he really hasn't made the leap yet. Other players still want to play with him, they'd just rather he come to their team. He's not an anchor guy like Wade was when he brought LBJ and Bosh to Miami.

I agree with Dave, keep Ellis, Sanders and Ersan; and hope you find overlooked gold somewhere.

Yeah, I know the FA's don't come here but I'd rather have two somewhat useable role players (like Dunleavy for example) than a waste of space like Gooden and his bloated salary.

I'm also in favor of a complete blowup, I have been for years now. But like you said...they need luck in the draft. Even with a bunch of top picks, you can still suck...see the Kings for example. Having lots of space could also allow us to take on some big salary from a team (like the Cavs/Grizz just did) and maybe get a draft pick as compensation too. But their only hope to ever be a serious contend is to nail the draft (like OKC) and hope you can do it before the guys rookie deals expire and they want out of Milwaukee. Of course, they'd actually have to play the young guys, not let them sit and rot like Harris and Henson.

Playing for the 8 seed is garbage. At this point, I'd rather they make it than finish 9th. That spot won't win the lottery and at least they'd be in the playoffs but that shouldn't be the goal just to make it.

Frankly the Bucks are where they are because 3 consecutive awful draft years from 2006-2008. Luc Richard is the only competent player drafted in those 3 years. Considering where they were drafting Sanders and Jennings were pretty good picks; Henson & Harris are still TBD but probably not looking very good at this point.

They have a better history in the 2nd round than they have with there 1st round picks. Luc Richard, Sessions, Ersan were all really good picks and I think Lamb will end up being pretty solid.

i believe the deadline has passed to amnesty Gooden. I wouldn't be opposed to the bucks trading Jennings if Gooden goes along and the bucks get some picks / prospects back. I understand that star FA's aren't coming here, you can still get solid players in free agency though and they can't screw up any more draft picks.

There are rumors swirling around about the Bucks being interested in Josh Smith of the Hawks. Sounds like it would be Ellis or Jennings and one of our big guys for Smith. Smith is a talent that the Bucks don't have. He can create his own shot from the wing or post. Decent defender.

If anything the Bucks should be trading Jennings or Ellis for picks; not trading there own for the chance to somehow make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I wouldn't like Smith or Reddick at all. In general I don't think I would be in favor of MIL being in buying mode at all.

We could throw the max at Smith (more than any other team if we had him already) and we'd have a ton of cap room, so it's not impossible that he'd resign. And if you're dumping Ellis for him (who is going to leave anyways), it's not a big deal.

So to recap some recent rumors:

For some reason we want to trade Luc Richard and a 1st round pick for JJ freakin Reddick.

Then we want to trade Ellis straight up for Josh Smith.

Someone please tell me how this makes any sense at all. Both Reddick and Smith are free agents after the year. Granted the team would probably be better this year; but they absolutely could not keep both of those guys and Brandon Jennings next year; and on top of that give up there 1st round pick. I don't get it.

Archived