Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2012/2013

patrickgpe

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bucks have come to terms with Joel Pryzbilla

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-bucks-get-commitment-from-przybilla/article_4f01f996-e038-11e1-8a58-0019bb2963f4.html

In a vacuum i like the move, but the bucks now have 6 PF's or C's. someone has to be on the move to get a wing player or else i hate it.

6? That's not right... Dalembert, Gooden, Pryz, Sanders, Ilyasova, Luc Richard, Udoh, Henson.... that's 8.

Sigh.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yeah, they have way, way too many of those guys. Luc can play SF in some stretches, and Ersan mabye could too from time to time, but otherwise only 2 of those guys can even see the floor at the same time, and at least 1-2 of them won't even be suiting up every night. Something has to happen here. Gooden and Sanders would be my choices to go.

I think they view Ersan and LRMAM as 3s at this point. All the skinny guys are 4s, Dalembert/Gooden/Pryz at the 5. As assembled, this team is going to be decidedly bad. I feel pretty comfortable saying that. I think they could be interesting with a small ball lineup at times of BJ/Ellis/Ilyasova/Harris/Henson. At least they'd be athletic.

Ilyasova is definitely not a 3, I'm 99% sure that he will be the starting PF this year. Also, they have mentioned a ton of times that Gooden will be moving back to his natural PF spot and LRMAM will be switching back to SF. I believe they will make a trade before the end of they year to clear up the glut of PF/C's, and I'm very hopeful that Gooden will be the guy to go.

I don't disagree with you Yoshii, but he is more of a 3 than Henson, Sanders or Udoh. I think this may be a team that does not have defined roles. They may play with a 1-2-4-4-4 for a great majority of the time.

The problem that I see with the Bucks' bigs as they stand is that none look to be real effective offensively around the basket. For the centers, I'm OK with that, but I see more problems with the glut of PF. Ersan and Gooden both provide offense, but a lot of that comes in the form of jumpers. I see Luc as more of a small forward, and the other three have an overlapping skill set. A bruiser PF who can consistently put the ball in the basket and get to the line certainly would be nice, because otherwise we are going to be looking at another offense dominated by the two guards and Dunleavy.... this means another offense very dependent on the jumper. I wish that they would have pursued Elton Brand and used him to replace either Sanders/Udoh (who I see as almost completely interchangeable) in the rotation. Hopefully Henson's offense develops, but I don't see it.... certainly not right away.

Man if the team can't resign Jennings or Ellis; this team could be crazy bad in 2013-2014. They are going to be bad as it is; but if those guys don't sign extensions. WOW. Whats worse I don't know if I would want to sign those guys to extensions; they are merely good not great players. However if you don't then this team is Bobcats bad.

Man if the team can't resign Jennings or Ellis; this team could be crazy bad in 2013-2014. They are going to be bad as it is; but if those guys don't sign extensions. WOW. Whats worse I don't know if I would want to sign those guys to extensions; they are merely good not great players. However if you don't then this team is Bobcats bad.

This might be the best thing for them. If they are THAT bad, then Herb may finally realize it's time for a full rebuild. Also, it would give us a chance to draft some elite talent. Of course, knowing our luck, it will be the weakest draft class ever.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I'm the complete opposite of you, I think they are easily a playoff team this year and will be much improved. I guess we'll see but they should be above .500 this year.

I see a chance for this team to move by Indiana and be 2nd to Chicago in the division. Only if the backcourt can play together, say healthy and Skiles can match the 1/2 court defense he likes with the uptempo needed for the offense. That isn't an easy task.

I see a chance for this team to move by Indiana and be 2nd to Chicago in the division. Only if the backcourt can play together, say healthy and Skiles can match the 1/2 court defense he likes with the uptempo needed for the offense. That isn't an easy task.

Wow. I'd say the 76ers have a better chance, since they just picked up Bynum.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Sixers are in the Atlantic Division. I don't see the Bucks getting the level of defense needed for a Skiles system to work. The guards aren't going to defend anyone. I would like to see this team with a coach who could use their interesting skillset. Not sure who that coach would be. I think they have some raw talent, I'm not as optimistic about results.

It's always tough to decide when to start a new Bucks topic, but there was a natural gap in the previous thread that made the selection of a splitting point pretty easy.

Here's the old discussion, now locked:

Milwaukee Bucks 2011/2012

Feel free to use this thread to continue any discussion that's been started in the old topic.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Sixers are in the Atlantic Division. I don't see the Bucks getting the level of defense needed for a Skiles system to work. The guards aren't going to defend anyone. I would like to see this team with a coach who could use their interesting skillset. Not sure who that coach would be. I think they have some raw talent, I'm not as optimistic about results.

Thought it said confrence, my bad. Lack of sleep = poor reading.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

What a joke of a trade Orlando just made. My gosh. The awful stuff NJ was offering was infinitely better than what they just got.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Howard is a pure cancer. I wonder how many games the honeymoon in L.A. will last. The bad thing is that he didn't sign an extension, so this nonsense will probably start up again in a few months. I stopped reading the articles/caring several months ago, but I'm so tired of seeing this diva in the headlines almost everyday.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dalembert, Gooden, Pryz, Sanders, Ilyasova, Luc Richard, Udoh, Henson.... that's 8.

Your backup C is going to be highly dependent on who they are playing. Pryz is the only backup C that gives you a chance against Howard, Bynum or some of the other big Cs.

Ilyasova, Luc, and Henson are probably not choices at C for any reason.

Gooden, Udoh and Sanders could play backup C against smaller teams (or when the bigger C is out).

Still, that is quite a few players. Henson, Udoh and Sanders are all very similar players.

Archived