Brewer Fanatic

September Call-Ups

chad25
I don't trust him greatly, but K-Rod's been good lately when it's not the 9th.

Hernandez just plain hasn't been very good and he doesn't really eat innings, either -- at least not w/ effective pitching -- so I'd love to see him gone. Hernandez stinks in the clutch and he stinks when it's not clutch-time.

Bring up a young arm we'll need to add to the 40-man anyway.

There are 3 open spots on the 40 man roster right now. There is no reason to release anybody.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are 3 open spots on the 40 man roster right now. There is no reason to release anybody.

Sure there is:

If there are MORE than 3 guys they want to protect this winter AND see a bit of in the majors this fall, then IMO Hernandez is a very logical guy to dump in order to create an additional 40-man spot.

I don't think Livan Hernandez does us any good when he's pitching in a game, so there's no reason to keep him.

Gord Ash was just interviewed during the game and he said that they won't bring up that many guys like last year because he wants playing time for the people they do bring up. So maybe just 5 guys.

Rogers has already been shut down and I think its a foregone conclusion that Peralta gets called up to pitch Wednesday against the Marlins. He last pitched Friday, which is also Rogers last day he pitched.

Fiers I'm guessing will pitch his last start tomorrow. He's already pitched 30 innings more than his previous high. Thornburg pitches tonight and likely will be called up to take over Fiers spot in the rotation.

Both (Peralta and Thornburg) probably will be brought up Tuesday. I dont think they will bring up Davis, nor do I think that Gindl or Schafer gets the call. Gord Ash didn't have a lot of positive things to say about either guy. I would guess the other 3 callups will be bullpen guys and Taylor Green.

Archived