Brewer Fanatic

September Call-Ups

chad25

who does everyone think will get called up this september??

my guess is they will bring up 2 position players and 3 Pitchers. So you have 11 relievers, more than enough for when/if we shut down Fiers.

I'd personally like to see them bring up Bianchi, Schafer and Farris. I want to see how Farris looks on the field. Just because he would be a cheap option for backup middle IF next year. I dont think he has much left to prove in AAA. Same thing with Bianchi, he just only plays SS though.

For pitchers, I'd like to see them bring up Peralta, De Los Santos, and either Sanchez or Hand (would have to make room for them on the 40-man).

Thoughts??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not terribly interested in Farris anymore. He can't really play SS and his offensive game is a little bit of speed and empty batting average. He's worth having around as long as he has options as an extreme injury back-up.

There isn't really any potential callups that excite me. I would like to see if Bianchi could be the utility guy but I doubt he would get playing time with Segura starting and Ransom still on the roster. I would also like to see if Sanchez could be part of the bullpen next year but he isn't on the 40 man.

There isn't really any potential callups that excite me. I would like to see if Bianchi could be the utility guy but I doubt he would get playing time with Segura starting and Ransom still on the roster. I would also like to see if Sanchez could be part of the bullpen next year but he isn't on the 40 man.

It won't be difficult creating room on the 40 man. Once the roster expands, teams might be interested in guys like Wolf, Loe, Parra, Morgan, and even Ransom. Other guys could just be released (cough, K-Rod) Deals still happen after Sept. 1.

Bullpen arms in particular. De Los Santos, Kintzler, Sanchez, even Meadows or Stetter would all interest me. Hand has probably earned a look as a long-relief option. I think Axford and now maybe Henderson (and Estrada, depending on how they choose to use him) are the only for sure in-house relievers for next season. It'd be nice to have an idea of what some of these guys can do before patching next year's bullpen with 4-5 free agents.

I'd like to see Stetter. His splits have been decent and at one point, the guy was a tough loogy. Might as well see if he has anything left and can get out MLB hitters or not. Plus our bullpen is so horrible that even if he's just average he would be an upgrade.

I wonder if the Brewers will reward Hunter Morris with a callup after whenever it is that the Stars' season comes to an end. Barring an injury, he's looking like a very good bet to win the Southern League MVP, and has to be a lock for the organizational 'batter of the year' award. I don't know, I feel 50/50 on whether or not I think he'll get called up. It would really be a waste of service time, but I could see the org. doing it.

I think we'll definitely see some RPs -- Stetter, De Los Santos, Kintzler, Sanchez, Hand... all good guesses & obviously already mentioned. The only way I want to see Thornburg & Peralta up is if they're up to start. If you're going to burn service time on them it'd better not be to sit in the bullpen and make like three appearances each in September.

Bianchi (who could easily play 2B) might get called back up, but as a RH hitter behind two key RH starters in the MIF I think he would get very little playing time. Green makes a lot of sense, Schafer I'm torn on (kinda like Bianchi... too much similar depth in the OF), Farris... see Bianchi comments (plus he's not really a SS due to his arm), Gindl? ... again, probably not due to OF depth.

I think the best bets are bullpen guys to audition for one of the five or six spots up for grabs heading into 2013.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Guys like Thornburg and Peralta may well be running into IP limits like Fiers. I agree with bullpen guys and maybe one or two of the others. How about some Khrush? It might be fun to watch him a little.

Yeah, I could see Khrush, since he doesn't play the same position as the only other RHB OF on the roster. I realize Hart can play RF, but at this point I don't see him getting moved off 1B aside from double-switches/late-game substitutions. Plus, Kh Davis would be a decent option as a RH PH.

Bullpen arms in particular. De Los Santos, Kintzler, Sanchez, even Meadows or Stetter would all interest me. Hand has probably earned a look as a long-relief option. I think Axford and now maybe Henderson (and Estrada, depending on how they choose to use him) are the only for sure in-house relievers for next season. It'd be nice to have an idea of what some of these guys can do before patching next year's bullpen with 4-5 free agents.

I back this idea for bullpen arms

bet the bench bats called up will include Green and Bianchi

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Morris could get a call up once the AA season is over, might not get any playtime, just the opportunity for MLB experience, but I think that would be a great way to congratulate him on such an awesome season.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

heres who is currently on the 40 man roster. I cut out everyone at the MLB level, or on the DL/out for the year. basically, to bring anyone not on this list up to the Brewers, they'd have to cut these guys from the 40-man, to clear a space, and, if im not mistaken, expose them to waiver claims.

40-man Roster

PITCHERS

#-- Fautino De Los Santos RHP

#67 Santo Manzanillo RHP

#-- Ariel Pena RHP

#60 Wily Peralta RHP

#-- Josh Stinson RHP

#63 Tyler Thornburg RHP

CATCHERS

INFIELDERS

#14 Jeff Bianchi SS

#33 Eric Farris 2B

#-- Hector Gomez SS

#5 Taylor Green 1B/3B

OUTFIELDERS

#54 Caleb Gindl OF

#22 Logan Schafer OF

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

and that list comes from brewcrewball.com

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Khris Davis, Burgos, Sanchez, Stetter, Kintzler, & Meadows for sure aren't on the 40-man.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see McClendon starting getting some game action since he's the Brewers' bullpen's current version of "Where's Waldo?" He did well last year & not so well earlier this year (incl. at AAA, though that really turned around as the year progressed). Point on McClendon being that sooner or later we need to start seeing what we have in him, if he's going to be part of the mix or not.

I'd also like to see Pena and Hellweg as they are both on the 40. Maybe in the bullpen to keep their innings down.

Others not on the 40 man: Burgos, Gennett, and Khris Davis will all need to be protected from the rule 5 draft this winter. It would not be surprising to see a call up.

I'd also like to see Pena and Hellweg as they are both on the 40. Maybe in the bullpen to keep their innings down.

Hellweg already got shut down for the year. They want to limit his innings at this point. I would assume the same for Pena so I don't think he'll get called up either.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

What purpose does Hector Gomez serve on the 40-man? Now that we have Segura, they can easily drop Gomez from the 40-man should they want to bring up a guy like Burgos.

I wasnt aware the brewers could spare depth at SS? did something change?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Hector Gomez isn't really depth at the moment. He's 24 and hitting .105 with a .179 OBP at Brevard. I don't think there is anything there.

Can't risk losing him, where would you find talent to replace that?

Archived