Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-08 Reds (Latos) at Brewers (Wolf), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 08 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (66-44) | Brewers (50-59)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/reds/latos-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/wolf-21.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]10-3, 3.94 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Latos was a one-man show on Friday against Pittsburgh, shutting out the Bucs for 7 1/3 innings while allowing just four hits. He added a two-run home run, his first of the season, to his stellar outing en route to his third straight victory.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]3-8, 5.57 ERA, 1.55 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Wolf was sharp in his first three innings of his last outing, but the wheels came off in a four-run fourth. Wolf's ERA hasn't been below 5.00 all season, and he's won one decision in his last 16 starts. He leads the Brewers with 18 homers allowed.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Chris Heisey
  2. SS Wilson Valdez
  3. 2B Brandon Phillips
  4. RF Jay Bruce
  5. LF Ryan Ludwick
  6. 3B Todd Frazier
  7. 1B Miguel Cairo
  8. C Dioner Navarro
  9. RHP Mat Latos

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Carlos Gomez
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Randy Wolf

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

It'd be nice to see Segura whack a couple hits today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

A little off topic but the Eau Claire little league team is playing Indiana on ESPN 2. I'm switching back n forth today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Although I feel like Wolf's contract was not necessarily a big mistake, I will be very glad when his name no longer appears in IGT's.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

So when marcum comes back, can we please have Wolf claimed on waivers by the nationals? They could claim veras, K rod, etc too... Thank D.C.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Why do baseball managers always want to try to squeeze out that extra inning from their bottom of the rotation starters? An extra inning a week is not going to break the bullpen. Wolf had already pitched 5 innings and was up to bat with a runner on and 2 out. Be happy with 2 runs in 5 IP and get a pinch hitter in there.

Be happy with 2 runs in 5 IP and get a pinch hitter in there.

And 4 innings from the Brewers bullpen makes a close game into a blow-out......

Appropriately dramatic for a baseball message board but let's try and ground ourselves in reality for a moment. The bullpen has been absolute garbage this year but we should not expect them to give up a large number of runs every game. They have been one of the worst bullpens in the league and still have only given up an average of around half a run an inning. A terrible bullpen gives up a little over 2 runs per 4 innings.

I'll take an extra inning of the Brewers' bullpen over Wolf going through the lineup a third time.

In semi related news. Kottaras homered off Greinke a few min ago.

Nice!

Segura had a heck of an AB. Nice to see even though he got out.

Archived