Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park

torts

I've tailgated twice. I don't see what's so great about it.

Tailgating is wonderful. I enjoy the comradery of the fans around you(even those you don't know), hanging out with friends, drinking beers, playing bags(or whatever your choice of game is) and grilling out.....then walking in to enjoy a baseball game. It's basically a giant party before a baseball game. While i agree tailgating isn't necessary before every game, i think it can really enhance the experience if you are going with a group of friends.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I think the cost of parking at Miller Park is very reasonable. As a comparison, we paid $20 plus a $5 tip to park in St. Louis (which we still thought was reasonable given the downtown location).

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

tailgating at PNC Park is awesome. park under the interstate, between PNC/Heinz Field and you're set for a long day of eating and drinking

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Tailgating is wonderful. I enjoy the comradery of the fans around you(even those you don't know), hanging out with friends, drinking beers, playing bags(or whatever your choice of game is) and grilling out.....then walking in to enjoy a baseball game. It's basically a giant party before a baseball game. While i agree tailgating isn't necessary before every game, i think it can really enhance the experience if you are going with a group of friends.

I guess I don't consider hanging out with a bunch of drunk college kids who don't know anything about baseball comradery but to each their own. I'd rather go to Derry's and have a drink or a burger before taking the shuttle to Miller Park.

I guess I don't consider hanging out with a bunch of drunk college kids who don't know anything about baseball comradery but to each their own. I'd rather go to Derry's and have a drink or a burger before taking the shuttle to Miller Park.

Most people who tailgate are probably families and older folks and most likely not very drunk. There's maybe 10-15% "drunk college kids". It might seem like more if you have some annoying ones but even when people do get drunk, I think they tend to stick to their own groups. Unless you've had really bad experiences in the 2 times you've tailgated. Even if you're not a big drinker, it's still fun to sit outside, grill out, talk to others, and play games before going in.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Wild generalizations: It's what makes a solid argument.

I've never minded paying $7 or whatever it is at MP to tailgate. One of the things I miss most about living in Wisconsin is showing up to a Wednesday 1:10 PM start at about 9:00 AM, getting front row parking, playing catch and grilling sausages for breakfast and then lunch before the game. I've never had much of a problem with drunks at Miller Park outside of opening day and a few of the Cubs games when the Cubs fans actually cared enough to show up to Miller Park.

I'm not a tailgater, though I don't look down my nose at it.

I'm just lazy and a bit anti-social I guess. It seems like a lot of work to plan, pack, cook, clean up, and then go inside. Plus the work at home afterward of messing with coolers, putting stuff away, etc. Plus, there's so much variety of fare inside the park.

Plus, the game is long enough for me without tacking on another 90 minutes of pregame stuff. That's plenty of sit around time.

As for Miller Park in general, I think I like it more now than I did when it first opened. I'm not much for the forced cheering stuff (Let's make some noise!. . .Louder!!. . .Louder!!!), but I think that's pretty much everywhere.

Clearly what you want in a park is dependent on a lot of factors. MP is great for many reasons, not least of which is that it serves Brewer fans and their needs throughout the state of Wisconsin. If you're driving down from Wausau, you want the whole experience beyond just the game. In many ways, for many people, tailgating and pre-game socializing with friends after the long trip down is just as important as, if not more important than, the game. And even if the weather doesn't cooperate, you know you will, at the very least, have a game.

I like Target Field a lot, but it's a whole different experience. If you come in the main gate next to the Target Center, it's pretty darned neat to see the ballpark just open up to you in a downtown, urban environment. You can't tailgate, but you can pre-game in the Warehouse District and the surrounding area. Believe it or not, not everyone is into tailgating and if you're one of those folks Target Field is set up pretty well in terms of having lots of places to go for food/entertainment. It's spendier, but again, some people don't mind the trade off. When I go up there I park for free and ride the light rail, which can drop you right at the gate. If I just want to watch a ballgame without really having a heavy rooting interest and without having to coordinate the trip with a group of folks or do a bunch of shopping and prep work, TF is the way to go.

Miller Park is middle of the pack for me. Nice, but nothing special. I've always thought the building itself was too big and not ballpark-y - feels out of place (although I do like not having rainouts). I appreciate tailgating as a unique Milwaukee thing, even though I don't often do it. If everyone was somewhat responsible while tailgating, it'd be perfect. I don't appreciate drunk idiots who annoy other fans, but that happens a lot of places without tailgating, too (although sometimes I think it happens more often here - but maybe that's because I go to more games here).

My top few (out of 25)... AT&T, Detroit, PNC, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Camden Yards. Fenway and old Yankee for the history.

Archived