Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park

torts

ive been to a number of stadiums, only a handful of new ones, but I think Miller Park is my favorite one of them all. We drove out sunday to see family friends and to go to Mondays game (and the state fair, cream puffs FTW), but man, what a great park you guys have!! I havent been to a brewers home game since 1991, they lost to the Indians at county stadium, so this was a long time coming. Everyone we encountered was so nice and pleasant, even the reds fans around us (would never happen in pittsburgh). I know my dad and I are going to try to make the trip yearly now, not sure if my wife and mother will come along, but we'll definitely be coming. We didnt get much of a chance to walk around the entire park, but we were sitting in section 223, great view, and really easy to get around. Some parks get so congested and frustrating to navigate through, but we didnt have any issues!

Ive never eaten so much cheese/dairy in one day in my life.

Also, I havent seen the brewers WIN at home since 1986. I was 5, ha!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

it might just be because I go to a lot of games there as it is, and it was my first trip to Miller Park, so it might be skewed

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Thanks for the post! I like hearing from the visitors who haven't been to the park and hear what their impression is. I have been to Miller Park so many times, I know it like the back of my hand. But I have been to 8 parks and I will take our park every time. (I do have PNC on my list - and I am sure I will be impressed)

PNC Park feels like a park, Miller Park feels like a stadium, and I feel like even in the upper deck last row you probably feel closer to the field/action in Miller Park than at PNC. in PNC you're so far up and away its sometimes hard to watch the game

the giant screen is incredible.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Just to piggy back this post, but I have to admit for being a decade old Miller holds up. My wife and I recently took in a game at Target Field, and we both remarked how the stadium was beautiful, but the fan experience was lacking.

No parking, no tailgating, no carry-ins. We both wish MP was closer then a seven hour drive.

the Carry-in policy, is that just for food or drinks, too? That was something new to me! We brought in sandwiches and peanuts, didnt try anything to drink, but that was new to me! Pretty sure you cant bring anything in to PNC Park

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Drinks: You can bring in anything non-alcoholic in sealed plastic bottles. I bring in a few bottles of water almost every game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Thanks for the remarks about Miller Park.

I've been to a number of stadiums/parks and I would say Miller Park is very good for the fan experience and ease of getting in and out but a bit lacking in aesthetics.

I would rate my ball park experiences as follows (best to worst):

Camden Yards

Fenway Park

Petco Park

Dodger Stadium

Miller Park

Angels Stadium

Wrigley Field

Cell Phone Park

County Stadium

You can carry-in non-alcoholic drinks that are still sealed closed in a plastic bottle.

Or that looks like its still a sealed bottle...

The wife and I always bring in refilled plastic water bottles. I just keep an eye out for what checker is being overly vigilant.

You knew me as Myday2001.

You can carry-in non-alcoholic drinks that are still sealed closed in a plastic bottle.

Or that looks like its still a sealed bottle...

The wife and I always bring in refilled plastic water bottles. I just keep an eye out for what checker is being overly vigilant.

I hate being ripped off on water bottles at a gas station as much as anyone else but no need to bother with checking for lax checkers. You can buy a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of water for $3.50. That's 15 cents per bottle.

the Carry-in policy, is that just for food or drinks, too? That was something new to me! We brought in sandwiches and peanuts, didnt try anything to drink, but that was new to me! Pretty sure you cant bring anything in to PNC Park

You can basically bring in anything that isn't alcoholic. The only thing I would buy at the park is beer or icecream. I always bring my own soda and usually bring in food as well. Usually Jimmy John's. I have brought in brats. I always bring in ketchup and onions when we go to dollar dog games.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

You can basically bring in anything that isn't alcoholic. The only thing I would buy at the park is beer or icecream. I always bring my own soda and usually bring in food as well. Usually Jimmy John's. I have brought in brats. I always bring in ketchup and onions when we go to dollar dog games.

The last time I went to a game, I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

The last time I went to a game, I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

^^^^ I see what you did there...

I've been ripped for saying this in the past but I'll say it again anyway. The only other major league parks I've been to are Dodger Stadium and Petco. I would rate Petco over Miller Park mainly because it's downtown. Parking wasn't an issue in San Diego, we found a lot a few blocks from the park for $10 for the day. It was great to walk around downtown before the game, something I would definitely do if Miller Park was downtown since I only go to 2 or 3 games a year and otherwise never go to Milwaukee. Petco has a few more interesting quirky things than Miller does. It was neat to watch Mike Cameron slam into the wall a few feet in front of us from the beach in left center and watch the game on the big screen in the park behind center field.

Miller Park is nice and serves it's purpose for the climate but I always feel like I'm in a domed stadium, even with the roof open.

I love that Miller Park is not in downtown. If it were you probably couldn't tailgate anymore, have to park in ramps, and traffic leaving would be AWFUL. I never park in the lot at MP except when we're tailgating. IMO, a baseball fan hasn't lived until they've tailgated.

There is no right right answer as different people like to drink after the game or tailgate before or look at pretty scenery etc. but I've been to 25 of the current parks and 30 something overall and my favorites are:

Miller Park

Kauffman Stadium (although we only go in April or September because of the oppressive heat)

PNC Park

Fenway Park

At & T Park

I'm a huge fan of tailgating and giant scoreboards which is why Miller and Kauffman rate so highly in my book.

Tailgating in the Fall is great. Tailgating in the heat of summer, on a blacktop parking lot stinks. I have enjoyed tailgating in the past, but don't feel it is a necessary thing to enjoy the baseball experience.

Bikeage, where do you park if you don't park in the lots? I have always wondered if there were places to park within walking distance of the stadium to avoid paying the ridiculous parking fee.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived