Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-07 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Fiers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1; Fiers holds Reds hitless until 7th]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Henderson going to be our new closer?

Why not at this point?

Give the kid a chance to see what he can do in that role, can't hurt.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Speaking of minor league closers, I'd like to see kintzler get a shot in september. Doug and Co were pretty high on him the last few years as I recall
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

My question...why did we wait so long to bring Henderson up?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Because Dillard and Parra were out of options.......I know its amazing to think that was a factor but it was.....

Henderson has a big arm. Should be fun to see how he handles himself the rest of the year.

My question...why did we wait so long to bring Henderson up?

Not saying I mind in the least, but I'm still trying to figure out what drew 41000+ to the park on a Tuesday in an "out of the race" situation. I tip my cap not only to Mike Fiers and the Brewers, but to tonight's crowd for staying engaged most of the night. (Less love to the folks in 218 who thought, "Let's start the wave!" Also no love to the dude across the aisle from me sporting a Phillips shirsey and Reds flipflops who seemed to think he was the expert on Ryan Braun's substance history.)

TEHFIERS. Wow. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I agree, that was an unexpected crowd for this game, but they were into it good the whole time.

In the car on the way home I heard the 1250 WSSP guys debating that Braun should have been able to get the double in the 7th, that he wasn't trying hard enough. That's pretty silly to me, I'm pretty sure the whole stadium knew it was a hit off of the bat. Of course, they were also complaining that the crowd didn't seem good, so I don't give their opinion on the night much credence.

The two Reds fans behind us were begging for a hit for every batter starting in the 3rd. By the 5th they were hoping for a hit by pitch, walk, error, or anything. They were also the type of fans that were amazed that we had Fox Sports South on the TVs in the stadium. Apparently they didn't look 10 seats to their left where the Fox Sports North pre-game show just took place.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

To me, the first hit woulda been a single in a normal game, Braun just took the best angle to try and catch it to preserve the perfecto, even though he had no chance (but for some reason I keep thinking Gomez might have had a shot had he been playing, lol)....

You knew me as Myday2001.

Archived