Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-05 Brewers (Estrada) at Cardinals (Lohse), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

1992casey

So I was watching the US Women's Water Polo match when I realized it was 1:20 and I flipped over to FSN only to find Brewers Classics. I look here and realize the game is tonight. Really? ESPN picked this game? Did they figure everyone would be watching the Olympics so they're just waving the ratings white flag? It's just funny that last year during our NL Central Championship season we didn't get a single Sunday Night game but this year after we're long out of it we get one.

So I was watching the US Women's Water Polo match when I realized it was 1:20 and I flipped over to FSN only to find Brewers Classics. I look here and realize the game is tonight. Really? ESPN picked this game? Did they figure everyone would be watching the Olympics so they're just waving the ratings white flag? It's just funny that last year during our NL Central Championship season we didn't get a single Sunday Night game but this year after we're long out of it we get one.

I'm not sure why people are surprised that a team gets more national TV games the year after they have a great year.

I think ESPN picked the game up before the season started so it was anyone's guess if the Brewers would be in contention at this point.

ESPN only picked up this game two weeks ago, the only Sunday night games they have to pick before the season are the April and May ones. However, they do have to pick three games a week after that and when the time comes pick from one of those three. The other two games they earmarked this week were Cubs/Dodgers and Diamondbacks/Phillies, so they didn't have much to choose from.

Archived