Brewer Fanatic

2012-08-04 Brewers (Rogers) at Cardinals (Wainwright), 6:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6–1]

hawing

pretendastronaut's weekend absence continues; thus so do my fairly weak but well intentioned IGT lead posts.

Tonight's game features throwback uniforms to the 1982 World Series. Decide for yourself whether that's good news or bad.

Less classy but more lovable team:

CF Carlos Gomez

RF Nyjer Morgan

LF Ryan Braun

1B Corey Hart

2B Rickie Weeks

C Jonathan Lucroy

SS Cesar Izturis

3B Cody Ransom

RHP Mark Rogers

Apparently Everything Good About The Game:

SS Rafael Furcal

1B Allen Craig

LF Matt Holliday

RF Carlos Beltran

3B David Freese

C Yadier Molina

CF Jon Jay

2B Daniel Descalso

RHP Adam Wainwright

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

No doubt, if this lost season provides Fiers and Rogers as future top to mid rotation guys because they got the chance, it wasn't so lost after all...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Double, double, single, single, single, single, walk.

Is Roenicke sleeping in the dugout? Or has he gone out there to at least talk to Rogers?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Rogers curve sure looks nice, although I hate the CF cam. He got screwed on the perfect first curve to Descalso

I love that it's not the traditional crappy offset view (Milwaukee has one of the worst). You can actually see where the ball crosses home plate. I realize the pitcher partially obscures the strike zone during the wind up but there is usually a clear view after the delivery. I'll take that over having to guess if an outside pitch really was a strike.

Brewers' view ranked 26th here:

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/index.php/ranking-baseballs-center-field-camera-shots/

Cardinals' is ranked 4th.

Sometimes I really love fangraphs. Well, that's most of the time.

Ok, all the time.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quite a contrast to Rogers' last half of the inning. Nice and easy 4th for Wainright. Now, can Mark get back into a rhythm?

Rogers should have been out of that inning with 2 runs. the hit to right-center wasn't catchable by Morgan, but should have been cut off for a single. Gomez easily should have caught the blooper to center, but he started back and then froze before coming in.

Archived