Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sat. 8/4 - Incredible extra-inning win for the Stars! Ariel "Speedwagon" Pena strong in 2nd Huntsville start

Mass Haas
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

From Stars GM Buck Rogers:

Stars fans, if you didn’t attend last night’s game, or if you left early when the Pensacola Blue Wahoos jumped out to a four run lead in the top of the 11 th , you missed one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments that people will talk about for years. “Remember when…”

The Stars pulled themselves up by the bootstraps in the bottom of the 11th, nickel and dimed in a couple runs and the Hunter Morris sealed the deal with a three-run walk off home run. You can watch the shot on www.carsurvivor.com because Ben Boles of Jerry Damson Honda just happened to be behind home plate with his video camera on. The link is here.

Ben gets into the moment, you’ll enjoy his take on the shot.

You’ll get a quick update on Car Survivor 3 with Ben and Jill Cacic, then the Hunter Morris walk off HR and finally Hunter getting pied. I guarantee that you’ll have a smile on your face after watching this. Just stay with the video and you’ll see all three.

And if that isn’t enough for you, let’s just rewind a bit…in the last four nights the Stars have thrown a one-hitter, a combined no-hitter and had a five-run 11 th inning rally complete with a monster jack to end it all.

If you think baseball is one of those sports that isn’t fast paced enough I can only say that my hair is getting grayer and my pulse is racing night after night. Because unlike any other sport, this game will end when the players decide, not when the clock hits zero or the buzzer goes off. Fans last night got a real taste of never-say-die. That’s been Darnell Coles' influence all season long and if you were here last night you know you got goose bumps when Hunter stepped into the box. It was like an appointment foreordained.

For those that listened to Alex Cohen call the play-by-play, it was like a kid in a candy store who just got Willy Wonka’s last golden ticket and housed a 32-ounce Red Bull…I know I’ll listen to it again and again, Alex screaming into the mike ”DEEP FLY BALL TO CENTER FIELD……OH….MY….GOSH…….” followed by everybody going nuts.

Epic.

You never know what’s going to happen to end a baseball game. In football and basketball you’re going to exchange control of the ball, but in baseball there is no limit to what can be done when you’re on offense. That’s the beauty of the game. There’s always hope. If you were here you saw a fans heading out, accepting defeat. You saw the Pensacola guys high-fiving in the dugout, smiling. A couple Blue Wahoo fans were hugging up behind the visitor’s dugout.

Then came the bottom of the 11th , four runs down.

And it all changed.

Who knows how today’s 4:03 pm contest will end? If the last week is any indication, well, Alex Cohen will be hoarse by sundown.

See you at the yard this afternoon. Bring your camera because something crazy will probably happen again today and you’re not going to want to miss it!

If you can’t make it then log onto http://www.huntsvillestars and listen to Alex Cohen and the play-by-play. You can email questions, comments or shout outs to Alex at alex@huntsvillestars.com; Alex will answer all mail during his broadcasts.

Rock On!

http://www.milb.com/images/2012/08/05/xcZKXvip.jpg

Tallion's making-strange-faces-when-he-pitches projectability is just off the charts. He's a gem in that aspect.

And thank you Mass Haas for linking to the video of Hunter's bomb. I was really hoping there'd be video of it & the ensuing madness. And holy heck is it hard to find anything not to like about Hunter Morris in that short postgame interview. Also, you have to love the fan that reacts right as the ball jumps off Morris's bat with, "BOOOOOOM! ... GET OUTTA HERE!"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

That carsurvivor link didn't go to a video for me, just 2 people talking about it. I found it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY_Vj6HiKMw

You have to let the video finish, then the YouTube 'end-video' screen offers links to the video of the HR, and another of a post-game interview with Morris.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived