Brewer Fanatic

What is the coolest thing you've seen in person at a Brewers game?

The stache

I'll have to jump in the wayback machine here, as I haven't been to a Brewers home game since 1989 (though I have caught a few games when they've played in Arlington)...but I'm curious what everybody's favorite Brewer game memories are. I'm talking about things you've seen in person, and not on the television. :)

I'd have to put Dale Sveum's 3 home run game at the top of my list. He just missed a 4th, too. I distinctly remember thinking to myself "wow, this Sveum is going to be a star for a long time". Hey, I was young, and stupid. :laughing

Let's see who was there for the Juan Nieves no hitter, for Prince Fielder's 50th bomb in 2007, or for one of the Brewer World Series games. Were any of you there when Brauny hit the walk off grand slam in 2007, or the division clinching bomb last season?

I'm looking forward to reading this! Post away!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there for the Brauny Granny... (it was the Miller lite cooler bag give-away against the Pirates)

Was at the game where Prince and Ricky both got their first HR.. (against the Twins, High Life Barrel Man hat give-away)

Opening Day where Russel 'The Muscle' hit two HR, one off of JJ's number on the Old scoreboard,

You knew me as Myday2001.

Hands down I'd have to say Game 5 of the 2011 NLDS. That's the most electric I've ever seen the stadium, especially after Nyjer's game winning hit. That sure beats loss #100 that I was at in 2002.

Also, seeing President Bush (whether you like him or not) throw out the first pitch on Opening Day 2001 was pretty awesome. That's the only time I've ever seen a President in person.

I've seen quite a few neat things.

I was there for the Mike Stanton walk-off balk in 2005.

The Fielder walk-off in 14 innings last year was a moment I'll never forget. At the crack of the bat it felt like everyone jumped to their feet in unison.

Braun's home run vs. the Marlins and then waiting around for the Cubs-Cardinals game to end on the night the Brewers clinched the division title last year.

Obviously NLDS Game 5.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm sure I'm going to forget some, but from all the games I remember being at, here are my top 10:

1) Game 5 of the 1982 ALCS. I was at all the home post-season games that year - so the WS games have to rank right up here as well.

2) Game 5 of the ALDS last year.

3) The Division clincher last year

4) Yount's 3000th

5) Molitor's streak ending (the Rick Manning being booed for getting a game winning hit game).

6) 5 HR's in one inning

7) Weeks and Fielder first HR

8) Rickey Henderson breaking the season SB mark

9) Tie - Last game at County Stadium/First game at Miller Park

10) Moose Haas outdueling Ron Guidry to give Guidry his first loss of the season (after going 13-0)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I was at a game when Rick Helling struck out the side on 9 pitches in the first inning...

I was at a game when Prince hit a foul ball up into section 405.

I was also at the game when Prince hit the Road Runner sign. (May 29th)

I still cannot believe how far that ball went.

I was at both Braun HR games in 2008, and the clincher in 2011 (hey, another Braun HR!).

Oh, and in 2006-2007, I went to 4 Brewers road games. Coco Cordero blew a save in each one of them, including the Aramis walkoff at Wrigley.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Living in the western part of the state, I don't get to many games in person, but I've been pretty fortunate to see some good ones when I go. Here is my top-6.

1) Robin Yount's 3000th hit.

2) Rickie Weeks 'signing' game vs the Braves (August 5, 2003).

3) Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder both hitting their first career home run against the Twins (Brewerfan.net FanFest 2005).

4) Seabiscuit's (Eddie Perez's) walk off home run against the Reds (Brewerfan.net FanFest 2003).

5) Milwaukee scores two in the 9th to beat the Reds in Cincy on July 4, 2002 (my first road Brewers game).

6) The major league debut of Dennis Sarfate in a loss to the Marlins in 2003.

If you were able to go to FanFest in the early 2000s, chances are you were going to see something good, which is nice considering how bad many of those teams were.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

One of the first games that I went to as a kid was in the mid-to-late 80's. It was against the Rangers...it was seat cushion night, and something happened in the game that inspired everyone in the bleachers to throw their seat cushions onto the warning track. (dont' remember exactly what prompted it...I remember something about Pete Incaviglia running into the wall and getting hurt?) Anyway, play was delayed for several minutes while staff collected all the seat cushions from the track. That may have been the last seat cushion give away game.

I was at a game where Jim Gantner off all people hit a walk off home run in extra innings vs the Red Sox in game one of a double header. The first game lasted over 4 hours while the 2nd game lasted just over 2 hours. The Brewers won both games. Two pigeons sat on a wire close to where I was sitting for the entire 2 games without flying away.

I got to see the brewers get blown out a lot. I remember going on vacation with my family, driving through Baltimore, going to see them play the O's, getting blown out 13-1, having a 2 hr rain delay in the 7th, my dad asking if we wanted to go (we were on the way to the ocean), and me saying "no! they're going to come back and win it!" oh my youthful optimism in the 80's was fantastic. saw them lose to the indians a number of times too! and these were seasons with 80+ wins! just my luck I guess. I didnt see the brewers win a game until 2006, here in Pittsburgh. I went to games at county stadium in 84/85 with my grandpa, lost. have pictures of me crying!

thank you pittsburgh for being so terrible to break the streak when I finally returned for a live brewers game!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

1. 2011 NLDS Game 5

2. Braun's walk-off grand slam against Pittsburgh in 2008

3. Fielder's walk-off homer the day or two before Braun's

4. 2011 NLDS Game 1

5. Can't stand all of RRR's squeezing, but Lucroy's walk-off squeeze last year was exciting. I swear Braun would have stolen home if Lucroy had missed.

6. Game at PNC in which a Pirates fan was lamenting how bad the team was, that Damian Miller would probably hit a grand slam. The next pitch, Damian Miller hit a grand slam.

7. Shawn Green's 6-6 day with 19 total bases... Against the Brewers

I am listing things as I think of them, it is not in any rank order.

1. I saw Henry Aaron bat.

2. I saw lots of people puke in the left field bleachers at County Stadium.

3. I saw Jose Canseco's 40-40 night.

4. The Brewers came from 5 down in the 8th in about 1991 to come back and beat the beat the Blue Jays in extras on a Robin Yount single.

5. Robin's 3000th hit.

6. Eddie Perez hitting the foul poll to beat the Reds in 2003.

7. I saw Brooks Kieschnick strike out both Ken Griffey, Jr. and Albert Pujols in games.

8. I was in the club level bathroom when Rickie Weeks got his first career hit.

9. the free game

Dave Bush's win in the playoffs is number 1 for me since it took so long to see a playoff win.

A close second is probably Nolan Ryan's 300th win.

When I was super young, I also remember seeing an inning where we scored 13 or 14 runs against the Angles.

I remember a Rob Deer homerun at County Stadium. It wasn't a game winner, but it was a towering blast through the gap between the left field bleachers and the foul poll. Immediately off the bat everyone in the place jumped to their feet.

I was tossed a ball from an umpire. It was a Yount ground out to second to end the inning.

I was at Dave Bush's near no hitter that nearly turned into a terrible loss, and that same game included Prince's inside the park homer that got stuck under the padding on the right field wall.

You may run like Mays...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
When I was super young, I also remember seeing an inning where we scored 13 or 14 runs against the Angles.

July 8, 1990. I listened to that game on the radio. I remember almost turning it off when it was 7-0, but then the Brewers scored in the bottom of the third, so I decided to give them one more inning. I'm glad I did.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIL/MIL199308242.shtml

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Archived