Brewer Fanatic

Bob Uecker is the best

torts
seriously, he has a young kid on air with him calling the 2nd inning. who else does that/ granted the kid is just talking about things he likes and does, but man, Uecker is the best.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I was listening when he did this earlier in the year. He does great with the kids up there and what an experience for them. This kid seems a little more into the game then the last. And Powell is doing a lot more talking with the kid than in the last one.

Uecker is great with kids in that setting. He's so light hearted to begin with I think it helps the kid feel at ease. He'd have been great for that old TV show "Kids Say the Darndest Things." The kid today was pretty sharp. He knew how many errors the Astros had and had some pretty good responses to Uecker's teasing.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If you want to dig through the audio archives and find it, the bottom of the second starts at the 1 hr and 5 minute mark of the game.

Thanks for posting this. That was great.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think at one point he jokingly offered him some miller lites.

Yeah he told the kid they were gonna send his parents back to their seats. He said the kid should stay in the booth and drink some Miller Lites and eat hot dogs. Something along those lines. Had it on in the car and he had me rolling at that line.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I think at one point he jokingly offered him some miller lites.

Yeah he told the kid they were gonna send his parents back to their seats. He said the kid should stay in the booth and drink some Miller Lites and eat hot dogs. Something along those lines. Had it on in the car and he had me rolling at that line.

Yeah, the Miller Lite line was classic! Co-workers were staring at me strangely from outside my office door when I was laughing at that one.

Also, he didn't offer the kid to play second he offered him to be second base. "Yeah, just lay in the dirt for three hours...whaddya think?"

God bless Ueck, he should have his own wing in Cooperstown.

This guy threw at his own son in a father son game

Archived